waianae 8/9

nekine

Apr 26, 2010
Loma Linda, CA/ Honolulu, HI
Name
Spencer
Boat
chris craft seahawk 22'
So i guess ive been pretty lucky of late so decided to hit waianae once again before school starts. Got a late start as the ice house ran out of ice so had to double back to aloha n grab a few 20lb bags. Headed out towards kaena about 700, picked up a nice ono at the first bend past makaha. headed out to kaena and turned around, picked up another ono near yoks. Decided to head in with 2 good sashimi pieces, got to our favorite spot near the first bend by makaha when BOOM, 14/0 rigger goes screaming like crazy. a good 300 yards of 150 gone in a second, and just as soon as i grabbed the reel BOOM, other outrigger screams even louder. Line is peeling out like crazy on both reels so i slowed down to 4 knots and me n my 2 frenz began fighting. 30 minutes later and 3 tired arms/legs we saw the leader on the first one, unusual yellow/silver/blue coloration..AHIII!!. Managed to fiddle with it a few minutes at the leader when we finally gaffed and meathooked it. Then we turned to the other pole, 10 minutes later an even bigger AHI!!! I grabbed the leader but it snapped cause my friend crimped the swivel to the main line. luckily i wrapped the leader around my hands and ran towards the cockpit. My friend got one gaff in it and i came over with the meathook. But his gaff came out so i was alone with a monster ahi and a small meathook until he finally got it and all 3 of us had to bring it in. Batted em good and i have to say two of the biggest fish i have ever seen/caught. What a great month of fishing and i feel like the luckiest fisherman in kaimuki! One was 138 other was 125. Good luck everyone cheeeeeeee

Attachments

Kolina

Walt
Jan 5, 2010
Waianae, Hawaii, USA
Name
Walter T. Okuma Jr.
Boat
25' Force COLLEEN
Braddah you guys must own DOGS. Must have been trumping around the back yard. Nah Just joking. That is just Super well more like super man. Take a well deserved bow you all deserve it.
:urno1::worship:

akunui

Jan 15, 2007
oahu
Name
jason
Boat
28 Henriques "KEALOHA"
ok your two last trips are just stupid crazy......insanity! congrats to u!

Moanalani

Nov 16, 2009
hawaii
Name
Brice
Boat
22 Y-Fin
Wow great job guys been seeing your last couple post but this is really the icing on the cake. I really need to get back in the water. Great job on your catch again. Go get um....

Akemi

Sep 22, 2009
honolulu
Name
derek
Boat
26 saltwater,30 knife
I agree with midway,it doesn't get any better than that!!!go vegas!!congrats on your recent spectacular fishing trips!!way to go young guns.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Spence and crew,

What can I say you guys are on fire. Said it in the previous thread "stay on the ledge, don't go outside lookin'" must admit didn't expect it to be that good. Man that is SWEET! Also gotta admit the boat looks perfect in the first pic.

So lets see last 4 trips... 1-2-3-4-5-6 maybe 7 ono. 1 mahi. 1 ulua, 2 sailfish and 2 ahi and never left the ledge.

Good on you guys!

Cheers
Pat

Also thinkin' you may have 1 or 2 new avatar pics.

BNaks

Dec 6, 2009
Mililani/HI/USA
Name
Brandon
Boat
Baby Hawk
Eh Ono magnet, that is unreal. You are my hero! It would make my year to catch what you got in your last 2 trips. I'm J....

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Hey Spencer,
I gotta say your past two weeks has been the kind that dreams are made of! Right on to you and your crew......It really doesn't get better than that! SLOW? Who said the action was slow? I guess you guys proved it otherwise! Now you can go back to school and leave the rest for us, ha ha ha ha!:rofl:

jonesd055

Feb 20, 2006
Hawaii Kai
Name
Jonesy
Boat
20', Calais, Shilelagh Law
Pretty soon not gonna even need to put the lures in the water, fish will just be jumping into your guys boat! Nice going on the ahis-don't forget to take some pics for the "How we eat" thread....

Aloha,
Jonesy

opunui

Jul 22, 2008
Hawaii Kai
Name
Bobby
Boat
31 Bertram..Chasintail
Congrats on your catch.I hope you do as well in school.now beat it!lol