shinchan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
Having gone out the past 3 times and only finding a couple of 22lb otarus, my friend and I got out on his boat and left Waianae harbor at 0500. We headed straight out to the pinnacle and set lines right on the 1000. The area was a little swelly with a few small piles here and there. We mowed the area for a while but nothing panned out so we headed downsea to CO as the waters smoothed out. I was napping on deck when the long starboard line on the 16/0 Senator went off at around 0830. I thought my friend was playing a trick on me but then I heard the reel and that was no bucket clipped to the line. I told my friend to drive for a bit and about 15 seconds later the rubber bands went flying as the starboard corner flatline on the 14/0 popped off the cleat. We were in business! We slowed to idle as we fought both fish while the boat did starboard circles. The first fish came up and nearly tangled the other line but turned away at the last second. I leadered, my friend gaffed and I sunk the meat hook in the chin as we welcomed fish #1 aboard after a 20 minute fight. The second fish was stubborn and dogged us for another 20 minutes before we got it in and surprisingly it was the smaller of the two. The first fish, which hit a 9” purple Tsutomu in milky, was about 150 while the second, which hit a 9” Leroy blueberry jet in milky, was about 110. I have to thank Garrett of Tsutomu Lures for posting his vids on YouTube and showing the color schemes- its why I ran 2 out of 4 lures in milky. Now that the monkey is off I can get back to my normal life before ahi fever hit lol….

20200626_090617.jpg

20200626_090623.jpg

20200626_161558.jpg

Last edited:

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Randy,
Glad you got 'em, congrats on the double; it's always a great feeling when you say stay up at speed and another one goes...

Cheers
Pat

Reactions: shinchan

shinchan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
Nice!

I like those lure colors.

Great write-up from a great day.

Thanks for sharing!

Johm
Thanks John
Great catch and thanks for the lure color information.
Thanks and I always appreciate when someone posts that info here so I thought I'd do the same.
way to go guys!
tight lines,
Thanks
Nice so busy working no time to fish lol
I think you should get out there and get fishing 'cause if scrubs like me are hooking up, everybody should be catching lol...
Randy,
Glad you got 'em, congrats on the double; it's always a great feeling when you say stay up at speed and another one goes...

Cheers
Pat
Thanks Pat for all the sage advice over the years...
Randy,
Congrats on the double Ahi! Never get tired of hearing the reels sing that sweet song!
Thanks Russell! Heard the same sound again twice today, too bad we didn't get 'em both but that's fishing...

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Grwat job. Thaat my color choice of lures while im in Hawaii as well.