Waianae 5/29/21 Monkey off x 2.....

shinchan

Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
My friend and I haven't fished since last July when we caught our last ahi so we decided to do a shakedown trip on Saturday before the craziness of Memorial day. We left the harbor at 530am and ran straight out to the 1000 then turned left and set lines. I just finished setting our spread and sat down when the short corner popped off the cleat. Deja vu from last year we kept going and 15 seconds later the long rigger went off. Here we go!!! The fish kept crossing each other so we had to move the poles from one side to another. At one point it looked like the same fish as the lines converged together. Finally, after 25 minutes the first fish came to leader as were we in rolling seas (not what was forecasted haha). My friend gaffed, I meat hooked 'em and we welcomed aboard fish #1. Fish number two dogged us for another 20 minutes and ran on the surface and tried to cut himself off by swimming just under the boat, line rubbing the chines. Felt like I was holding on to a heavy swinging pendulum but eventually, we welcomed him aboard too. Hook up at 615, both fish in at 7, in the harbor at 830, and almost too tired to write this up now....Monkey off early this year, hope everyone gets a chance to get out there and get some!

20210529_070159.jpg

20210529_070207.jpg

20210530_132448.jpg

Last edited:

shinchan

Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
Well that doesn't suck.....
It sure doesn't haha...
Good Going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys got it done
Thanks, wasn't expecting that kind of day but I'll take it!
The best kind of trip for sure. Congratulations Captain.
Thanks, it's the short and rewarding trips that I like!
Good going!!! Epic day!
Thanks Jimmy, I think you need to get your boat out there asap!
NICE WORK SKIPPER!
Thanks, if it wasn't for my partner there's no way I can handle a double, I'm getting older and these fish wear me out quick lol...

Reactions: JimmyK
Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Randy and The Captain,
Man you 2 have a very high success rate, good goin'! Always like the look when the anal sickle reaches the tail, more impressive.

Cheers
Pat

Reactions: shinchan
Upvote 0

shinchan

Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
Randy and The Captain,
Man you 2 have a very high success rate, good goin'! Always like the look when the anal sickle reaches the tail, more impressive.

Cheers
Pat
Thanks Pat, we've been super lucky so far and we'll keep the routine until it doesn't work, and, yes, those sickles got my heart racing when I saw it coming up from the depths!

Upvote 0