Wahoo reportedly caught north of Santa Barbara island

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
Too skinny, put it back!

:appl:

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I would love to know the path that wahoo took from points south to where it was caught.

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I would love to know the path that wahoo took from points south to where it was caught.
Probably the same one the marlin took. They just sort of appeared up there without showing south much.

Reactions: errock_22

Marlinloco

Gyro Guy
Aug 24, 2004
San Diego
Name
Warren
Boat
Jewel Lure
Probably the same one the marlin took. They just sort of appeared up there without showing south much.
Our Marlin are open water fish so they likely came in from the southwest. They don't come up from Mex like our other pelagics. We know so little about wahoo in these water who the hell knows. I'd imagine the few blues that are here now and the ones that were here last year take the same path as the stripers. But then again, who the hell knows.

Reactions: john batzloff

bwilkins

Jul 14, 2009
san diego ca
Name
Bruce
Boat
32 luars, none
JD big game reports of a 40 pound class wahoo caught today my father and son team. The skinny was caught while fishing for marlin.The fish is headed back to Newport Beach to be weighed in at the Balboa angling club
--

A call comes in on the phone-quarter to one pm- Erick Monte-- aboard the Mas Tardes- says they just caught a wahoo--- still shaking from what had happened-- his 14 year old son Mikko and himself- were fishing in the fleet of marlin boats up on the 17 Fathom spot-- Mikko takes the strike off a pink Hawaiian jig and boats the fish-- more of the story is to be told- now- heading back into Newport with an est - 40lb Wahoo-- --be in, in about three hours--- 37 Hatteras owned by Neal Monte Nice Catch! JD!

52.5 lbs--- on fifty lb test line- 20 minute battle, fish kept coming under the boat- not sure just what it was till they could get a clearer view- A yellowtail- spearfish-- no a Wahoo - Mikko having caught a marlin yesterday and a couple marlin earlier was game - matched with an strong Int 50 reel, IGFA 50 line and and IGFA class 50 rod it came togeather- the Hawaiian jig had a pair of hooks in her and they did their job-

Not one to miss a sale!--- JD's has Wahoo Wire Riged Ballyhoos in stock! -- double hooked and ready to go!

GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
Sep 8, 2012
Murrieta
Name
Tyler
Boat
18' Bayrunner
RAD!! Knew it was just a matter of time. I was fishin today... Put about 40 miles on a wired Marauder.

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
AWESOME! Congrats!