Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
bobsandsfishingtackle.com
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
Good evening all,

I am constantly asked about different artificial methods of fishing Wahoo and Tuna.. At Bob Sands Tackle we have made a commitment to give our customers the widest range, with the largest inventories and variety of methodologies to artificially attack these Wiley fined critters.

I have been writing for several years about how much fun, effective and exciting fishing surface iron and poppers to Wahoo is... However, there are so many ways to skin a cat..or CATch a Skin.

In addition to our selection of various supplier's Wahoo Bombs take a look at the various top water and Mid water jigs we carry.. These are just a sampling from JRI.. We also carry large selections of Raider jigs, Salas, Tady, Shimano, Daiwa, Nomad, Mega Baits, Lead Master, Catchy and so many others... Here is a little taste of just our JRI lineup with J hooks, specifically set up for Tuna and Wahoo.

Please note: From the left are JRI 2 already well proven surface iron. The 4th thru 7th surface irons are the newest release JRI 4 with Upgraded Owner J hooks. These will be in stock shortly. The JRI 4's on the right have the 7691 Hooks on them. All you Skin heads out there will have plenty of surface variety to throw on calmer days to those Rascally Wahoo as well as great mid water options...

For this Angler, the most fun way to catch a Wahoo is while watching my slow retrieved surface iron as the Skin explodes on the hook up.. AWESOME

Come on by the shop to see for yourself Bob Sands Tackle's enormous inventory of Wahoo and Tuna specific irons, poppers, stickbaits, trolling lure, etc.

Hope to see you all soon.

Jamie

Reactions: ripped

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Please note: From the left are JRI 2 already well proven surface iron. The 4th thru 7th surface irons are the newest release JRI 4 with Upgraded Owner J hooks. These will be in stock shortly. The JRI 4's on the right have the 7691 Hooks on them.
Impressive hooks on those jigs. What hooks are used on the other jigs? 8/0 VMC Siwash?

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
Advertiser
Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
bobsandsfishingtackle.com
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
Impressive hooks on those jigs. What hooks are used on the other jigs? 8/0 VMC Siwash?
Yes. On the VMC's I tend to take a pair of Channel Locks to bend in the point side of the hook about 5 - 10 degrees towards the shank... Don't have to do that on the Owner's. Hook Up ratio on surface iron has been great... Best used in flatter seas, slow retrieve.. Just fast enough to get the largest swim pattern out of each design... Tuna and Yellowtail also seem to love these jigs...

Happy New Year. May the new season be even better than the last.

Jamie