-Wahoo bombs that we have talked about.....

CMYSIX

Almost A Member
Aug 22, 2020
Opelika al
Name
Quinn L Chenelle
Boat
Independence
View attachment 1302770 these are what really worked for me!
Capt jimmy's.jpg

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
You’re gonna wear out that picture and the bombs.

Let’s talk about Wahoo iron instead… :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jiggyn

CMYSIX

Almost A Member
Aug 22, 2020
Opelika al
Name
Quinn L Chenelle
Boat
Independence
You’re gonna wear out that picture and the bombs.

Let’s talk about Wahoo iron instead…
just wanted to make sure the people who were asking what color got it!, YES! I would love to hear from people who were successful with say a PL68 or that type of jigs fished them,

Reactions: Steve K
Steve K
Steve K
Jimmy’s bombs are pretty popular! Jigs? Too many choices. I was just looking at a bag with 24, yes two dozen Wahoo jigs!

Salas, Catchy Tackle and Raiders are the ones I use the most.
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
just wanted to make sure the people who were asking what color got it!, YES! I would love to hear from people who were successful with say a PL68 or that type of jigs fished them,
I was out in the garage looking over the collection of 6X Jr jigs along with the others. I’ll go snap a pic, Pink and Tony the Tiger have the highest number of teeth marks.

20210727_120152.jpg

Upvote 0

CMYSIX

Almost A Member
Aug 22, 2020
Opelika al
Name
Quinn L Chenelle
Boat
Independence
Just got back from a 7 day. 11 Wahoo on the first 2. Middle one being my go to one. 130 LB. Fluro.
Soda Pop do you remember, if it was a overcast day or really sunny when you used the middle one? fresh water fishermen will use darker lures on overcast days and bright lures on sunny days, just wondering if the same applies to SW, gonna have to pay better attention.
I was out in the garage looking over the collection of 6X Jr jigs along with the others. I’ll go snap a pic, Pink and Tony the Tiger have the highest number of teeth marks.

View attachment 1303024
I wonder if the pink one attracts well... you know gay wahoo

Upvote 0

freegaff2

Aug 31, 2014
Name
Craig Simcox
Boat
none
purple, pink and black work just as well as your greens...speed is the right color ALL the time :D

Upvote 0

Tymeflyme

Almost A Member
Feb 14, 2012
Albuquerque
Name
Vince
Boat
Isabel
I agree speed matters more than color. Once my bombs mylar comes off completely I switch bombs out to a different color but I always start off with a Halloween colored one!!

Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
I agree speed matters more than color. Once my bombs mylar comes off completely I switch bombs out to a different color but I always start off with a Halloween colored one!!
That pink and black captain Jimmy's bomb can be a killer too! I always keep at least 5 of them, but I'm a sick fuck, who has 2 pelagic duffel bags full of over 100 pounds of bombs, jigs, trolling lures, titanium wire, and everything else under the sun to kill wahoo! Those wucking Fahoo drive me insane! I want to catch every one of those bastards! I have 7 dedicated wahoo rigs ready at a moments notice every time I'm in wahoo country! And that's not counting 2 dedicated trolling outfits. If there's a human with more seastrike 33's than me, I'd like to meet him! I probably have at least 50 with my own custom mylar patterns, in black chrome, gold chrome, and regular chrome, plus some custom ones in purple and pink chrome, with every imaginable mylar combination. Not gonna get started on bombs today! Wucking Fahoo!!!!!

Upvote 0

Tymeflyme

Almost A Member
Feb 14, 2012
Albuquerque
Name
Vince
Boat
Isabel
I've caught all my Wahoo on bombs of various colors, a few on wired bait leaders but none on jigs, but I have to admit I never fish them that's how effective a fast bomb in thier habitat is 😁

Reactions: Soda Pop
Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    Try a 6X jr. at a slower jig swimming speed. Bob Mitchner used to do well with one. I will throw a 7X and get bit too…

Reactions: Steve K
    Steve K
    Steve K
    Quite a thrill getting bit on surface iron
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0