Mickeyfin

Mickeyfin
Jul 18, 2003
santa monica,ca.
Name
Mickeyfin
Boat
no
I have this tackle box of rigged bombs and don't know the manufacturer. Does anyone recognize these?
Used a few of them at Alijos w/o success. The wahoo were only interested in bait.
Thanks, Mick

wahoo bombs.jpg

Upvote 0

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Those JRI's are good bombs.

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    Those are either the original skinny bombs that a member here used to make, until he passed away. They just might be the original Hooicide bombs made by JRI a few years ago.

On stop and go wahoo fishing I like to use the bomb for the first cast, then go the hard iron (Sea Strike 33)for me. If I don't get bit I or anytime on the anchor I stay with bait, occasional surface iron if really active.

Upvote 0

poncherello

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 11, 2005
    san Diego
    Name
    Jerry
    Boat
    none
    Those are our JRI HOOICIDE wahoo bombs version 1.0. These were rigged with wire through the head. Those are a few years old.

Version 2.0 is a redesigned head and direct tie on wahoo bomb. We have also added the Owner Stinger Siwash 8/0 hook which is kirbed in and sharp as heck! Here are some pics of version 2.0 Hooicide bombs.

EF5CC189-6BC5-4EBF-B471-BD8AD32E3F0A.jpeg

C7654892-EF63-4F63-9128-AD26540E5C84.jpeg

6A79E090-0DC3-4508-870E-E1A2C08211AB.jpeg

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Just a thought

Bring the single hook closer to the head if possible. Then ring a owner treble to the single hook shank as the spinner blade with flash. Trebles make a smoke trail and are easy to wind

The treble would bulk out the rear mylar and make it dance and flash more ?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Would be nice to see a lighter weight option under 4 ounces. As a suggestion that won't be aknowledged

Easier to fire without blowing out the shoulder rotator cuff. Most casts. No need to sink out if the fish are near the surface on the chum related to the boat.

Lighter weight for after the slide. As a option to add to the list

1602395_a9a36226427c3ea0dbe5c740aa519f37.jpg

Reactions: JamesZ and KXKH
    Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Just a thought

Bring the single hook closer to the head if possible. Then ring a owner treble to the single hook shank as the spinner blade with flash. Trebles make a smoke trail and are easy to wind

:smoking33:

Upvote 0

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
    Feb 8, 2011
    Westchester NY
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
    Those look like JRI bombs to me.

Yeah. JRI Hooicide Bombs.

Those are our JRI HOOICIDE wahoo bombs version 1.0. These were rigged with wire through the head. Those are a few years old.

Version 2.0 is a redesigned head and direct tie on wahoo bomb. We have also added the Owner Stinger Siwash 8/0 hook which is kirbed in and sharp as heck! Here are some pics of version 2.0 Hooicide bombs.

View attachment 1281805

View attachment 1281806

View attachment 1281807
    YEP, Mickey.

Got the identical 1.0 version in green, pink & purple in the jig box along with the 2.0s. Work like a charm in both the 1.0 & 2.0. Lately the 2.0 with double direct tied fluro is de-bomb!

( ...we put 82 Hoo in the RSW in 6hrs. on the XL, in 10 / 2019.)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
    Mar 27, 2013
    Alaska
    Name
    JAM
    Boat
    Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
    Looks like it's just getting broken in!
    The picture is after it was rebuilt once. (New wire and skirt.) Might have to go in for a second shop visit. Or just stay as is, a reminder of a great trip!

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    So, some asshole hit the down arrow on my comment!
    What the Fuck is up with people?

Did you know you can hit the “Up Arrow” on your own comments to erase that shit? ;)

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen

Did you know you can hit the “Up Arrow” on your own comments to erase that shit? ;)
    I've discovered that, too! But I don't even see a previous comment from you on this thread... ???
    Wait, I see it now, embedded. Dude who downvoted has 0 posts on BD. Go figure.

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler

There is a certain clown on here that went back and down voted a bunch of my comments one night when he was on a bender. Now he’s about every other one amusing himself I guess.

I wouldn’t let it bug you, it’s a lame function

Reactions: Bill W
    Upvote 0

JamesZ

Jun 25, 2018
    Montana
    Name
    James Zachary
    Boat
    Kenner 23
    Do people bring bomb kits on the boats any more? We used to make them during down time. Costs pennies and works every bit as good. Mostly better than store bought ones because you could add whatever color or blade tweak needed. Hell. You'd be shocked how many wahoo where caught on just a 4-6oz egg sinker and some mylar skirt tape. Good bomb for pennies. We'd also stock up on all the jet heads and bullet heads we could. The OG bombs. I'm probably just reminiscing. But it's an option that's worked for decades.

Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat
    Royal Star
    Do people bring bomb kits on the boats any more? We used to make them during down time. Costs pennies and works every bit as good. Mostly better than store bought ones because you could add whatever color or blade tweak needed. Hell. You'd be shocked how many wahoo where caught on just a 4-6oz egg sinker and some mylar skirt tape. Good bomb for pennies. We'd also stock up on all the jet heads and bullet heads we could. The OG bombs. I'm probably just reminiscing. But it's an option that's worked for decades.
    A couple years ago I made a bomb out of a flatfall. It was a purple color flatfall with a metallic gold back, I don't remember what Shimano called that pattern. I braised a jobu hook on it, and put purple and pink mylar skirts on it covering the hook, it would cast a mile and sink quick, caught 2 wahoo on it! It looked pretty badass!

Reactions: FishRock
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Just a thought

Or instead of ringing a actual stinger hook using a owner treble stinger. To the rear hook. Small profile owner stinger treble

Use a swivel. So the treble spins inside the mylar creating extreme flash and a smoke trail :smoking33:

Reactions: Bill W
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    :Smoke_Emoticon:
    There is a certain clown on here that went back and down voted a bunch of my comments one night when he was on a bender. Now he’s about every other one amusing himself I guess.

I wouldn’t let it bug you, it’s a lame function

Dan that was a joke and only one night. After you fired first. Dan, I don't need you to bait my hook for me.

And yes. I fought to have the LR forum featured on the main page. Instead of burried like you approved of.

What I did. Was fight for LR while you approved of LR being in a subforum. Decreasing trips booked and LR traffic and LR sold. Period

New ownership. They didn't know that the LR forum deserves to be on the main page. While you agreed the LR forum should be burried as a kiss ass. Decreasing the sport of LR fishing.

Get over it

Upvote 0