SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Short.. WO bite YT,bonito,YF mixed in dodo. Launched at 6. Back in the slip buy 3
**Sorry fellas I don't have the #s but it was just west of the 371 proper. Find a patty holding it all dodo,YT,YF,bonito. Got down there after fishing monster size patties. And dozens of large ones as well. For rats up to 5lbs. Found 1 little patty before we picked up to get to our zone that was hold a BIG BULL on it. That didn't want anything we could literally through at it. Nada. It just hung out under the paddy surrounded by bait. But we finally moved on and found a very nice size patty easily a 10'x20' paddy with decent size dorado directly underneath it. It also held bigger YT models up to 10 Lbs. kept those. As you drifted away. Then little bonito and then finally YF as you drifted off the patty at around 20yrd from it. We fished for hours catching and releasing keeping the biggest Of everything that we could and releasing all the rest. Boat went:
10YF (avg 15-20lbs)
8 YT from 8-10lbs
1 dorado at 12lbs fat belly
For a under Mexican limits do to the fact we had 3 people on board. But we C&R'd ALOT OF FISH. Released all the bones. Countless YT and 3 smaller 5lb dodo. And the best C&R was of the YF. It was a blast fighting those fish and release them. I personally released 5. Again we kept all the larger models. GOT TO LOVE CIRCLE HOOKS!!!!
Fish bite 20lb 30lb and 40 size 1 and 1/0 circle hooks. Water was 73.8 degrees. Get out there befor the lady sings! Cheers I'm enjoying this C&R there's no need to keep everything!! It lets you fish for so much longer. When usuing a net

IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5192.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Some photos arn't loading and the site is supper laggy these days
Also most all fish now are gripped with a fish lip gripper 50lb just to get a weight before releasing them. But I can say or I "should say" it's seem better days

Last edited:
Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Great report, heading out there this morning!

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Way to get r done! Was it foggy at the zone?
No fog at all. We were out of the jetty by 6:30 and the fog was on the 9 shortly after that all the radio chatter said it pushed into the coast and turned into a 4 mile wide bank. But no fog whatsoever ever. Not like today

Upvote 0