For Sale VW Thing, 1974, $26000

specialk148

Jul 4, 2011
El Segundo
Name
Kevin
Boat
yup yup
This is a very clean '74 Thing with a 2053cc motor built by Geoff Hart that dynoed at 135hp. She has dual Weber 44's, deep oil sump, remote oil filter and performance exhaust. The dash is uncut and has VDO oil temp and pressure gauges mounted underneath, she is also wired for a tachometer, Gene Berg shifter. I’ve got disc brakes up front and drums in the rear. Night driving is lit with vintage LED headlights. Her Rancho transaxle and 2053 motor scoots along at 65mph without issues. I am the 3rd owner and since; I have put a new whole new Thing front end with steering stabilizer bar and "Y" brackets, shocks and new Scat interior, 3 point seat belts (mounted to the rollbar). I keep a bikini top on her but have the original convertible top with all 4 windows in their carrying cases, both windows and top are in great shape. This is a very straight, very clean car and looks great on Centerline wheels. I drive the Thing mostly only on weekends and she is always garaged. Registration is good until August 2021.

Ideal for towing behind an RV, towbar included.

See Craigslist or message me for more pics or information.
sunsetmarina180.JPG

Reactions: marlyn

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Needs a price.