Vonny's

1 Ola Mas

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 24, 2010
Looking at the Coronados from the patio...
Name
WoodEye
Boat
15' Gregor 25hp Mariner
We left late morning Tues and headed for Pta Banda. We got to Campo La Joya and met up with Ivan at Vonny's Fleet. Made arrangements to fish in the morning and spent the afternoon spanking ballenas and caguamas on the beach.

We were looking for White Sea Bass and Yellowtail but with the bait boats in feeding the Bluefin Tuna in the pens for the past couple of days the constant drone of the engines, pumps and generators spooked the fish. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Long story short we had a beautiful morning on the water in a new location, close to home, that we look forward to returning. We were out of the water by noon and pulling in the driveway at 3:30 yesterday.

A better whirlwind 24 hour trip there never was. Oh yeah, the waves looked good at 38's, Rocketman's, and even La Fonda both times we passed by. I really should have brought a board but it was a quick trip with my wife to work out the fishing kinks before the big Todos Santos trip in Oct.

Rockcod, Lingcod and various Bass. They look small but the table is made of 2x12 planks. And they still taste good, regardless......
DSCN0914.jpg

Upvote 0

fisher3

Deckhand
Jun 29, 2009
Southern California
Name
Spliff
Boat
18 ft CC Starcract "Kelp Runner" 224 Chaparral Fisherman
Hell yeah, at least you got out there. I'm guessing the Sea Bass have moved on. We will be there this on Sat for round two! Good job on the taco meat!:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

bluedog38

Wax on wax off
Mar 23, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Bruce
Boat
sold
Ivan does a great job down there, for a quick fix on pulling on some fish Vonnys is hard to beat.

Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Told ya u would like it......what happened to bringing you skiff?

Upvote 0