VMC 7360R hooks

Dexter Outdoors

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Anyone with experience with these? They are a ringed 4X heavy that someone mentioned was a choice for him. Only source I have found is from Italy. Hoping to find them in the Western Hemisphere. Not even found on the Rapala VMC distributor website.

Bizzaar how I was only curious until I couldn't find them, now I really want to touch one.

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    What's wrong with the rings?? To thin,. Not large enough ?

The rings are stamped and not round causing stress on the knot. Just a preference (or a prejudice) If anything the rings are large for the hook. I tie my hook with a loop and do not buy my hooks ringed anyway.

Upvote 0

Squid Sammich

Aug 23, 2015
    Texas
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    To be determined
    What Bill said. The rings have sharp (imo) edges from being stamped. You can clip them off if you find them with rings and fish the uni with a loop like many here do. I know Bill and Fishy do this with confidence. Better practice your uni tying and test test test (like any knot). I sent some to ringed hooks with express direction not to put large rings. Put the stealthiest rings possible. I got $100 worth of ringing with huge gorilla rings. Cut them all off. So if you go that route be very clear and spell out EXACTLY what you want.

Upvote 0