Visual Difference Between Talica 20ii and Talica 20ii CAM model?

slcbcsmx19

Sep 20, 2017
San Diego
Name
Erick Thacker
Boat
Big
Can anyone comment on the visual difference between the Talica 20ii/25ii Regular and CAM models? I've looked at a few on the various virtual marketplaces & can't really tell a difference if the seller doesn't have the box. The specs listed online show the regular model has an extra bearing and 1 lb of extra drag, so I do prefer the regular model for flatfalling if I can be picky. If anyone wants to correct that line of thought feel free; I know specs can be misleading when compared to experience. Thanks in advance everyone, much appreciated.

Upvote 0

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
I can't say for certain, but given that Shimano has designed their product line to maximize part commonality between reel sizes I'd guess they don't have separate cams for braid between the std and CAM models, only a single braid and single mono cam, and you get both parts with the CAM model or something of that nature. One pound of drag difference in a spec sheet is as meaningless as one MPG difference in a car commercial.

From the website I can't really tell what even comes in the box with the CAM model so I'd just call their CS while doing busy work. Their wait times have been pretty long.

The 20II is a really great flatfall reel.

Upvote 0