Visting gloucester

OFischer

Apr 18, 2010
Fort Myers,Fl USA
Name
Ozzie
Boat
24 Century Bay Boat
Looking for a guide recomendation for plug fishing and light tackle. I'm gonna be there in mid July. I've fished a lot in Marthas Vineyard but never this area. I am a light tackle capt. from South Florida. So I have certain standards I'm looking for in a capt. Thanks, Capt. Ozzie Fischer

Bada Bing

Instigator General
Apr 30, 2003
PB, CA
Name
JMH
Boat
Always a good one
My ol' stompin' grounds but removed almost 20 years now so I can't help you with a charter other than check out the Yankee Fleet. Enjoy the history of that city and don't forget to kiss the Gloucester Fisherman for me! :cheers:

voodoojfb

Oct 11, 2005
East Kingston, NH
Name
Jbar
Boat
Yankee Clipper
Yankee Fleet does not do the kind of fishing your looking for... they specialize in deep water groundfish trips (used to be a mate there). I think your best bet would be to speak with First Light Anglers, they have a pretty cool center console that can do a wide range of trips. Im sure they can come up with something that fits your trip needs. http://firstlightanglers.com/charters/first-light-anglers/ (no affiliation)

voodoojfb

Oct 11, 2005
East Kingston, NH
Name
Jbar
Boat
Yankee Clipper
Also, if you need any restaurant or bar recommendations dont be shy about asking. I just moved north to the portsmouth area after living in Gloucester/Rockport for a few years.

Jun 19, 2014
Name
Jeff
Boat
Reel Easy
Check out Two Captains Charters we can take care of you. the only thing is that jig and pop for striped bass in Gloucester or north (Newburyport) is better in the earlier months of spring. it can still be done but you will have to work for your fish. Light tackle is no problem.
capt. Jeff

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Looking for a guide recomendation for plug fishing and light tackle. I'm gonna be there in mid July. I've fished a lot in Marthas Vineyard but never this area. I am a light tackle capt. from South Florida. So I have certain standards I'm looking for in a capt. Thanks, Capt. Ozzie Fischer
If you want to do the light tackle jigging/popping BFT thing no question this is your guy

http://coastalcharterssportfishing.com/

avetrlz

Apr 1, 2013
New Bedford, Ma
Name
Brandon
Boat
None
I fished quite a few days with Dom and Jeff at coastal charters this year. We had two spectacular late season days. I went 3 for 5. The tuna season this year was great this year. I can not give any better suggestion other then these guys!