Visiting from California

Discussion in 'Washington Freshwater Lakes & Rivers Reports' started by Jonathan Lamech, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Jonathan Lamech

Jonathan Lamech Newbie

Name:
    Jonathan Lamech
    Boat:
    NONE
    Hey guys!

Fellow angler visiting from California looking for some tips and advise on fishing in Seattle. The wife and I would like some tips advise or spots that are not top secret if you would like to share. We have a rental and open to driving to get to some rivers streams ect ect. Have a good day! Cheers!

Jon

2. EJ Swanny

EJ Swanny I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Hey Jon, Since this is not a "Freshwater Report" and this section does not get alot of views, you may want to try posting on the general section of the WA BD board. I'm not a big freshwater guy, but alot of guys "should" steer you in the right direction. Just trying to help........

3. Odin7

Odin7 Odin7

Name:
    George
    Boat:
    Duckworth
    Jon,

If you are thinking about doing some river fishing and are unfamiliar with the PacNW river stuff, you might want to consider looking into hiring a guide.

Or, do a little youtubing for methods and grab a piece of the Columbia river shoreline below the Bonneville dam. You might catch a fish, but you will certainly see some beautiful scenery.

Don't forget your rain gear.

If you want to drive to the center of the state, the Potholes Reservoir has a couple of miles of solid fish structure along the face of the earthen dam where you can cast for walleye and smallmouth. The bank is made of large rocks and you will need a bit of agility to negotiate it, but there is more fishable water than you will be able to cover in a day. Jigs with plastics or night crawler, crank baits or a crawler under a float will produce well. The lake also has crappies, bluegills, trout, catfish and carp. This is high desert with sagebrush. The weather will most likely be better, you probably won't need rain gear, but be aware the rattlesnakes will start coming out as the weather warms.

Good luck!