FinHunter619

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
I am looking for a videographer for my 11 day trip at the end of Nov on the Indy. Anyone have good leads for someone that would be interested in coming on our trip and doing video work. I'm wanting the video to be fully edited and music added. I would prefer someone with experience. A fisherman would also be preferred so they don't get seasick and understand fishing shots but not required if experience and quality can be produced. Please have them PM me or you can send me their contact info. Thanks

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
I also have other fishing adventures I am looking to have filmed. A 3 day Charter on the Royal Polaris at the end of Aug. I also have bass tournaments down in Mexico at Lake El Salto twice a year that I do each year. These 3 trips are Construction Industry marketing events that I would like to have filmed.

Last edited:

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
These folks have put together sites for the Shogun and other boats.

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
Are you looking for someone who will be paid for their time and the expenses ?

Or is it you will cover all the cost of these trips in exchange for video taping ?

Or just come along at your own expense ?

Just wondering.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Look up Triple Wall Outdoors on YouTube. The guy makes some of the best long range videos I've ever seen. He also responds to comments on his videos.
I agree Mike does outstanding work and I would love to have him. His style and personality would fit in perfectly with this group. I have already been talking to him but I don't think he is available. So the search continues.

Last edited:

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Are you looking for someone who will be paid for their time and the expenses ?

Or is it you will cover all the cost of these trips in exchange for video taping ?

Or just come along at your own expense ?

Just wondering.
I am learning that each videographer has very different standards. The level of compensation depends on quality of video provided. But for the most part, I would pay for their trip in exchange for video taping. Some videographer's also provide sponsorship swag as well so that can factor in to the decision as well.

tom fowlks

tommy tuna
Apr 11, 2018
Los Angeles
Name
tommy tuna
Boat
Shogun
Marty -
I've a proposition for you . . .
I am not a videographer, but I am one of the top outdoors still photographers in the country working for magazines such as Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, Outside, Audubon, Popular Mechanics and many more. in fact I am a contributing photographer for F&S (something of an honor as there are only a dozen or so on the masthead)
a link to my website for your reference :

you'll see plenty of work on there for a wide variety of publications.
as I stated, I don't shoot video, but my equipment is certainly capable and I have the eye for the action as well as the light.
I understand composition and can bring you more than "just fishing" video. I'm happy to do portrait segments, seascape, and anything else.
a Canon 5D Mark IV shoots terrific video and I am confident I can tell your story with my visual sensibility
additionally, I can certainly offer magazine quality stills as well.
in fact, I've been looking to step into this and am willing to dive in head first

now, as far as fishing experience, this may be my first post on BD, but I have been a long time reader. I've been on 4-5 long range trips (4 on the Shogun and 1 on the American Angler) with 2 of those being out to Guadalupe (where I caught the YFT in my avatar) and am very comfortable on a boat for any length of time. in fact, before I got into photography, I was a field biologist up in the Bering Sea for the NMFS, so I've no trouble with rough seas, and long steams.

back to fishing, I know what the process looks like and would be very visually in simpatico with what's happening around me and would have no trouble with the fluid situation of being on deck

as for editing. I'll be transparent and let you know that is not in my skill set as it's video, but I can bring some one in to do that work and if we all click, I think you could have visual continuity for all your projects. meaning, I think I can arrange a deal for the first outing and work on a package rate going forward provided success is acheived.

additionally, I'm well aware of the sort of equipment I would need to pick up for top quality video and am willing to procure that on my side as it's an investment (shotgun mikes, lavalier mikes, a gimbal stablizer, etc). I do not have a drone and am not planning on getting one. . . . yet. we work this out, I could easily be talked into one after a few trips around the bases and a shot of tequila.

all this said, I'll stop here for now. I've made my pitch and am up for it if you are feeling it
in fact, your 11 day trip isn't till late Nov.
I'll do your 3 day in late august and we can see from there, but I am up for all that you've mentioned and would be happy to discuss details if your interested. or to take on part of it if that works better for your side.
I'm a gunslinger and I'm always ready to work.
my best
tom

Reactions: SD2600

greatbasin

Jun 22, 2007
Idaho
Name
Greg
Boat
Knot Yet
Tom, I would so be calling you! Based solely on your work that ive seen. Oh ya, cool offer.

Reactions: tom fowlks

twotrack

habitual scopolamine abuser
Dec 14, 2011
San Clemente
Name
Scott
Boat
Sin Barco
I'm in the trade. Tom Fowlks is the real deal--a meat eater, as we edit guys call them. He'd lift your video into the art realm.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Look up Triple Wall Outdoors on YouTube. The guy makes some of the best long range videos I've ever seen. He also responds to comments on his videos.

Good news, I am currently working thru the details of getting Mike from Triplewall Productions on board my 11 day trip. At this point,, it's looking like it will happen as long as things continue smoothly. So stoked about this.

I am also still looking for someone to shoot video on my 3 day trip on Royal Polaris,
Aug 30th - Sept 2. Both trips are my Fins-N-Feathers Outdoor Adventure trips.

feeder

I gaff sardines....
Jun 20, 2006
Too far inland
Name
Greg
Boat
Intrepid
Good news, I am currently working thru the details of getting Mike from Triplewall Productions on board my 11 day trip. At this point,, it's looking like it will happen as long as things continue smoothly. So stoked about this.

I am also still looking for someone to shoot video on my 3 day trip on Royal Polaris,
Aug 30th - Sept 2. Both trips are my Fins-N-Feathers Outdoor Adventure trips.
Awesome! Hopefully you'll post up the video so we can see. Love his videos.

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marty Parsons
Boat
VeXus AVX 1980
Awesome! Hopefully you'll post up the video so we can see. Love his videos.

It usually takes him a while to edit and produce his video's. All his video's are viewable on youtube, if you search Triplewall productions