watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
''A year ago NOBODY ever herd of it'' REALLY Steve? WTF!!!

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
''A year ago NOBODY ever herd of it'' REALLY Steve? WTF!!!

Ha-Ha; a little Hyperbole to be sure, but in terms of percentage of the Southern California angling public who had even heard of SPJ [much less actually done it] was pretty small a year ago.
As recently as February 2021, there were a still a number of SoCal tackle shops who not only did not carry any SPJ tackle at all, but did not know exactly what it was.
Obviously its been around for a decade or so in Asia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tugboat64

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Ha-Ha; a little Hyperbole to be sure, but in terms of percentage of the Southern California angling public who had even heard of SPJ [much less actually done it] was pretty small a year ago.
As recently as February 2021, there were a still a number of SoCal tackle shops who not only did not carry any SPJ tackle at all, but did not know exactly what it was.
Obviously its been around for a decade or so in Asia.
I feel like since you started doing the talks and showing it off on boats, this fishery has become so much more popular. I went from seeing it in the first time in June with you on the Shogun and never seeing it anywhere else, to now I see atleast 3 different guys a trip with SPJ gear, makes me happy seeing guys taking an interest because it is a good method that works extremely well.

Upvote 0