Victory! YT @ the secret spot

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by fishingsurfing, Jun 24, 2015.

1. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Stefan
    Boat:
    Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
    Let me advise you guys who own your own boat, if you think being boarded by the DFW is a pain or talking to the folks from DFW taking fish/fisherman surveys at the ramp is a pain, be ready for the Coast Guard

If you haven't been checked on the water by the Coast Guard as I have several time you better have all your equipment up to date, mounted and identified as per regulation.

Please someone call the Coast Guard and beg them to come out to the 150 and start checking boats, my bet is half the boats on the 150 would be impounded by the Coast Guard

2. Ducksgo

Ducksgo Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    Someone else's
    Wouldn't mind that one bit. People bitching about taking wakes etc on 15-12 ft lake boats which weren't designed for the ocean to begin with. Most of these people probably don't have life jackets, VHF radio, etc.

KID CREOLE likes this.
  3. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice It's Showtime!

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    25' Chris Craft Highway 61
    We had a run in with Victory last Saturday also. We were on my buddy's 28' Grady white & we were anchored kind of in the middle of the cluster fuck. We had a double hook up going on & he immediately rolls up about 50' of the bow & gets on his speaker & proceeds to tell us that we would catch more fish if we chase the birds & weren't anchored! WTF? We had a double hook-up going on! We brought in both of Yellowtails while they watched LOL & gave him the salute. I can only assume he said that was because he wanted to drift over our spot. What a Dick!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Saluki likes this.
  4. jeffdalton

jeffdalton "Well Known" Member

Name:
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat:
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    You should have known the only yellows to be found that day were right under your boat. The Victory was entitled to your spot. LOL

5. Davidkim227

Davidkim227 Δουλοσ Χριστου

Name:
    David Kim
    Boat:
    N/A
    I think it's only fair that, just as all private boats are not poachers, all cattle boats aren't jerks like the victory. With that said, it's unfortunate that people will go to these lengths of putting people in danger just to make an extra buck off an extra fish. Im glad your day wasn't a complete bust and you got what you wanted. I'm gonna get a gopro when i get my own boat.

mandoman68 likes this.
  6. Kyle farmer

Kyle farmer Fishing and Surfing!!

Name:
    Kyle F
    Boat:
    Tiderunner 195 Tuna Twins
    I understand your point, it's just different when a cattle boat intentionally tries to cause harm to a private boat

mandoman68 likes this.
  7. Kyle farmer

Kyle farmer Fishing and Surfing!!

Name:
    Kyle F
    Boat:
    Tiderunner 195 Tuna Twins
    We had all that was required by coast guard

8. marlyn

marlyn I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Has to suck being the victory captain right now,1/2 the boats out there waiting to video you F'ing up,85 people whining for fish,65 of them are rent rodders,25 of those are pissed cause they want to bottomfish with squid strips,30 people tangled at any given time because they dont know how to fish the slide,High anxiety,lol.

9. upperbump

upperbump Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Blackfin
    I'm probably not going to make any freinds on this one but the skipper of the Enterprise was actually decent to us last week. We saw him coming towards us as we were outside the mess. We thought " Game On " when he yelled out "You guys are on a nice school of fish. Stay there!" He position his bow around and they started throwing massive amounts of chum. My buddy got hooked up instantly but broke off. Not so me till we made another stop. The Enterprise was there also...Third stop was when I hooked up and Mike did too...They had some guys throwing iron but the distance was enuf it didn't bother us. I'll say one thing, he kept his people in the bite. Hey when the fishing is this hot and with the amount of boats out there there is going to be some frustration. I just try and "Don't be a Dick".

gved823 and Blackfish like this.
  10. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen
    Yup, Fuck um! Just reminder. As soon as the sporty leaves the dock, HE PAID! Money is in his pocket. His living has been made on that trip. EVERYONE HAS A DUTY TO BE BE SAFE AND COURTEOUS TO EACH OTHER WHILE ON THE WATER. I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE.

11. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen
    I got all my shit current. I WILL call CG if ANyONE does something dangerous to me or a fellow boater. I would love to thin out the herd. I've been boarded. Nice guys. If you pass inspection you get paper work to save time if your boarded again.. FUCK ANYONE WHO INDANGERS GOOD RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE AND DOUBLE FUCK ANYONE WHO GOES OUT WITHOUT PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT. BTW, I offer ON THE WATER training to ALL Dipshits. It's not about fish. Its about getting your loved ones home safe.

SeaHogDelux and Sonny100 like this.
  12. jeffdalton

jeffdalton "Well Known" Member

Name:
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat:
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    That's because you were on the outside and failed to be an obstruction. I've seen Andy wave to PB'ers and wish them a good day. It's chaos out there and people say and do crazy things. Enjoy the good fishing people!!

13. Ducksgo

Ducksgo Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    Someone else's
    Going out in 15' and under boat to the 150 isn't safe. And isn't a responsible person on the operators behalf. I hope you don't fall in that category cause if you do then you just contradicted yourself.

14. delta 43

delta 43 Member

Name:
    carl
    Boat:
    43 delta Windsong
    Give the cattle boats a break. How would you act if you had to run one of those piles of shit every day

mandoman68 likes this.
  15. mullet

mullet Metal Fabricator

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    19"Gregor
    How big is your boat ducky?

16. Tunaslam

Tunaslam I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cory Visser
    Boat:
    N/A
    Maybe because the Enterprise does not run out of Pierpoint Landing? Try Long Beach Marina! Unfortunately the Idiot private boaters out there have made Idiot Captains out of some of the Sport Boats. Bummer. Boat owners need to pass a test to get a license to drive a boat, and Sport Captains need a lesson in boat Etiquette, despite their grievance against private boater Idiots? Two wrongs don't make a right.

RonMac562 and mandoman68 like this.
  17. fishingsurfing

fishingsurfing Tuna Twin

Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    Tiderunner 195 "Tuna Twins"
    Just stop with the "going out to the 150 in a 15' boat isnt safe" argument; that is 100% false if you have a responsible captain and take all safety precautions. People kayak to catalina for cryin out loud! haha

18. Ducksgo

Ducksgo Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    Someone else's
    People kayaking to Catalina also have experience going that type of distance along with other kayakers they are buddy boating with and are very athletic. You also understand lake boats of 15 ft were not meant for ocean fishing right? And a weekend warrior at the helm for that very reason is unsafe. If you disagree then I don't know what to tell you bud.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  19. Ducksgo

Ducksgo Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    Someone else's
    Hey tunaslam :) Pierpoint owns Long Beach Marina use to work there. But I totally agree with everything you said below the statement. There's to many lake Havasu weekend warriors out there who runs there boat maybe twice a year. Spot on post btw!:cheers:

mandoman68 and Tunaslam like this.
  20. fishingsurfing

fishingsurfing Tuna Twin

Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    Tiderunner 195 "Tuna Twins"
    You have permission to stop commenting now; your arguments are pointless and i dont want to take the time to address your ignorance

mandoman68 likes this.