grander007

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 10, 2007
Honolulu
Name
zzzz
Boat
46, Bertram, Deep Blue
took a friend from LA out yesterday - nasty sea, rain etc - no fish, but good time no chumming and made it back (again)...went to the Westside and in front of Pearl - looked good, birds, etc but nada - only other boat we saw was Magic

tight lines,

Upvote 0

MANAPUA MAN

Almost A Member
May 10, 2009
HONOLULU HAWAII
Name
CAPPY
Boat
23' TROPHY W/A "KEKILIA"
Today it was "Victory at Sea" inside Kaneohe Bay.............
Glad I had GPS track line out..... to back track to the docks.........
In K-Bay the reef stay poppin up all over the place......
Spooky when no can see the bow...........

Upvote 0

Blesum

Apr 1, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Name
Paul
Boat
Yamaha FXHO
At least it was calm underwater off of Kaena Pt. Messing around with my new Gopro Hero HD camera. R4 setting (strong fish-eye effect which made everything look much further away) and it was tilted a bit too high on my head... Not that it really matters, the underwater footage is always out of focus anyways.

<object height="405" width="660">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hdu3ztNtp3o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="405" width="660">http://www.youtube.com/v/hdu3ztNtp3o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1</object>

-Paul

Upvote 0

beauchat

Jan 12, 2009
Kaneohe,Hawaii
Name
Russ
Boat
17 Radon
Glad everyone was safe. Tried taking the boat out last Sunday right when the wonds started picking up. I shouldve known better, only the big boys were out and they were taking cracks. Outside of sampan channel had to turn around and come back in. Hopefully the weather clears up soon.

Upvote 0

doorman

Bartle Doo
Sep 14, 2009
lakeside
Name
Brett Murray
Boat
21', champion,
thought I was gonna see this. love a good head.

Attachments

• 1127091418[1].jpg
    1127091418[1].jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0

takoman

Jun 7, 2009
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Name
Donald
Boat
hobie AI
Nice video Paul!! Can hear whale singing in the backround. Can you feel the singing in the water? I have felt it threw my body once because the whale was close. It was unreal!!

Upvote 0

Blesum

Apr 1, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Name
Paul
Boat
Yamaha FXHO
I didn't notice the singing on that dive. It's funny how I find out about the noises around me after I show a video clip. :eek:

One time while diving off of the south shore, apparently a whale or a group of them were really close. My whole body was vibrating and I was constantly scanning the surface thinking a big boat was somewhere overhead. Wrecked my bottom times and I don't think I was able to focus enough to find any decent fish on that dive. It wasn't until later that I figured out what the sounds/vibrations were. Doh!
icon11.gif

Now when I feel my body vibrating, I scan the surface quickly to confirm that there isn't a boat around and then just resume hunting.

-Paul

Upvote 0

Blesum

Apr 1, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Name
Paul
Boat
Yamaha FXHO
Glad you guys like it. I'm still learning how to edit videos. Here's another clip along the same vein from March. This was my second time with the camera underwater. I did not even load spear gun once at all that day. The drop onto the uluas was right after I hooked up the inflatale to the underwater mooring buoy and thought I saw what might have been a bunch of uluas down below... YEP!

<object height="405" width="500">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z8dz2xGvUTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="405" width="500">http://www.youtube.com/v/z8dz2xGvUTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1</object>

-Paul

P.S. Ahi video this summer I hope. I'm pulling the trigger though!
icon10.gif

Upvote 0

sublimebs

Almost A Member
Sep 10, 2006
West Coast- Pacific Ocean..Salem,Or
bssphoto.blogspot.com
Name
Brian
Boat
Where fortune takes me!
Great video Blesum! I loved the turtle and the Rays! I hope to take some of this footage soon, myself! Especially with some larger fish!

Even if you didn't catch anything, it was a blast to watch..and just visual being there.... Its so great how calm the world feels once you drop beneath the surface!

Upvote 0