Okaloosa

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 8, 2006
Napa CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Seaswirl Striper 2300' WA 5.7L I/O
I posted this earlier but in the wrong section.

I just bought 12 more Captain Jimmy’s Wahoo bombs for my 4th long-range trip in Nov. This year I’m on the Intrepid and previously on the Indy. I may be novice class to long-range fishing but I’m an old fisherman and I know a good lure.
That’s why I’m writing this post. It a kudos’ for Capt Jimmy’s bombs. Simply put, my two buddies and I out fished, Wahoo that is, everyone else on the boat. Every year. We had other fishermen and deckhands asking us about these lures. Well, I’m passing the message on and you can judge for yourself. They’re handmade one at a time here in good ol’ USA by a retired sports fishing Capt. I’ve attached a picture. His web site is http://www.wahoobombs.com/ My favorite is the Green Dorado.

Reactions: Bill W

Soda Pop

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Capt. Jimmy is not only a great guy but also makes some very nice lures that the wahoo seem to eat like candy.

reelconcerned

Jun 12, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
n/a
I use them alot. I recently ordered another (6), only have lost (2) bombs for about a dozen wahoo's using only 100lb flouro. The (2) I lost was on the sink, the great hookup to gaft ratio is because using (flouro) which is connected to the front of the bomb, the hook is secured to the back of the body, (no flouro to the hook) a Great choice...Paul

ebnash

Apr 1, 2008
San Jose, CA
Name
Erik Nash
Boat
None
I just ordered a 6 pack pack from him after talking with him on the phone. Seems like a straight up guy and I just let him pick the colors for me. I'll have to report back if we get into the hoo on my 10 day leaving next week.

fishordie

Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
2013 Ranger Z521 with 250 Merc.: Now deceased.. Thank goodness
I have had phenomenal success on the Dorado Green, Bloody Sardine and orange/black. I also had a few custom colors made using silver, gold or ?? skirts. I have always said, and firmly believe, color does make a difference. Each of the colors I have had Jimmy make have had days where they were noticeably better than all the other colors. I prefer to never be in a position where the color du jour is not in my box or I am down to only one left. Nothing worse than sweating each cast/retrieve out worrying the next bite will result in the loss of the last hot jig or bomb. Glad to hear you have found these great Wahoo lures.

Jamie

Halfprice

Aug 10, 2006
Whittier
Name
Jerry
Boat
Red Rooster 111
I use them alot. I recently ordered another (6), only have lost (2) bombs for about a dozen wahoo's using only 100lb flouro. The (2) I lost was on the sink, the great hookup to gaft ratio is because using (flouro) which is connected to the front of the bomb, the hook is secured to the back of the body, (no flouro to the hook) a Great choice...Paul

So Paul is using 100 Flouro. What is everyone else using?? Wire, if yes what pound and length or is flouro the way to go.

I just got 6 of Jimmy's bombs for my upcoming trip in November.

Jerry

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Everybody is different, I bait fish wahoo at 40#, and use 50# with 30# wire for bombs and jigs.

reelconcerned

Jun 12, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
n/a
Halfprice, you said you have a trip in November, the Indy?, mine is a 13day Indy trip before thanksgiving 11/13/2014- 11/26/2014 ...Paul

reelconcerned

Jun 12, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
n/a
you will probably be fishing the rocks and ridge for wahoo, but who knows with this el nino year. wish you luck....Paul

jusjac

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 12, 2006
millbrae
Name
jack
Boat
210 outrage
Compliment to Capt. Jimmy. I gave a couple rides to Jim from HMB to the RR3 a couple time and he is a great guy and learned a lot from him. He didn't like my music selection and wanted to hear jazz for whole 9 hr drive, as in fishing as well as fishing he's old school, but makes a great bomb and is a great guy.

P1000886.JPG

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Compliment to Capt. Jimmy. I gave a couple rides to Jim from HMB to the RR3 a couple time and he is a great guy and learned a lot from him. He didn't like my music selection and wanted to hear jazz for whole 9 hr drive, as in fishing as well as fishing he's old school, but makes a great bomb and is a great guy.

View attachment 547575
FYI That color bomb on the picture is smoking hot... Now that is gonna cost you some more dough...

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
OK, gotta have some. Other than that one, Bill, and the Green Dorado, what other color should I order in my six pack? Two of each, three colors?

FYI That color bomb on the picture is smoking hot... Now that is gonna cost you some more dough...

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
OK, gotta have some. Other than that one, Bill, and the Green Dorado, what other color should I order in my six pack? Two of each, three colors?
Green dorado, another blue color similar has pink tape where the picture has blue tape to hold the skirt.

Seems a lot of green bombs are fished but Jorge fished a blue tinsle bomb. Last trip same color in the photo worked very well for me. The boat seems to run out of the hot ones.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Thanks, Bill. What about the black ones, Pink or Raspberry? Any fish on those? Like those Black Chrome jigs, from Catchy?