Phil

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 5, 2006
Mississippi
Name
Phil
Boat
n/a
Great report! Wahoo bites can be crazy - amazing to see what all happens in the middle of one of those. Incredible effort by the crew to get the line cut and retied on that wahoo. Good on you for putting it on the deck.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
I've had that "cut you out of the tangle" deal before. It's kind of funny as it was one of the crew members, Cameron, who got the honor of holding the fish while Brian tied the knot. It was about a buck forty Yellowfin at Clarion and 100 lb solid spectra. Good news, the knot held. :)

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Oops :)

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
I've had that "cut you out of the tangle" deal before. It's kind of funny as it was one of the crew members, Cameron, who got the honor of holding the fish while Brian tied the knot. It was about a buck forty Yellowfin at Clarion and 100 lb solid spectra. Good news, the knot held. :)
They did the same thing later in our trip on a 140 lb. YFT with Brian holding on the whole time.

If you look close you can see Cameron and Ray in my avatar. 2014 trip.

FishRock

Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Wind, wind, wind....
NumberNine

Got it. Spelling has never been my strong suit. Now I have seen some folk who wined a lot in the evening after dinner.

hagridfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
Thanks for the report. I was there when you guys came in, and left on the Kens Custom Reels trip the next day. You guys did "put the wood" to them. Again GREAT report, I wish I could remember that well, and write as well as you do. I will probably see you when you come in again in 2016. Tight lines.........:-)

FishRock

Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thanks for the report. I was there when you guys came in, and left on the Kens Custom Reels trip the next day. You guys did "put the wood" to them. Again GREAT report, I wish I could remember that well, and write as well as you do. I will probably see you when you come in again in 2016. Tight lines.........:-)
Kevin,

Thanks.

Would be nice to meet you on the dock. I did not get a chance to chat with anyone this year as I was busy pushing carts up the ramp and helping other anglers with their fish. When I got done most everyone was gone.

Best of luck on your next trip.