Name
Greg
Boat
22' panga, 24' diesel inboard
IMG_2334.JPG
IMG_2336.JPG
IMG_2337.JPG
IMG_2348.JPG
The view from my place behind Carp at 2AM last night as the fire came over the ridge on two sides and I left. We lost a lot of avo trees but the house is still standing. I can't thank the firefighters enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthBayKiller

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
Pics dont do it justice. It is THAT close.
Greg, I'm sure we know a lot of the same peoples, well talk more after

Reactions: mogambosquid

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
We do a lot of brush clearing every year for a contact with the city of SB. Cant do ANYTHING within 50' for the edge of a creek wet or dry, Maintian a 10' radius around any rat nest, just alot of CEQA regulation, Many areas in Monticeto are deeded as wildland and no clearing is allowed. Not to mention all the people who just want a jungle around there house. Even putting in the fire breaks along the ridge lines get these wackos all fired up
I'm on the west side of SB so we're ok. Firefighters have been doing an incredible job considering what their faced with. Hats off to those fellas

Reactions: wils

4Bigeye2na

Jan 7, 2015
Name
Ed
Boat
Searay
I agree with the priorities in your truck. I've always feared losing my gear in a fire, although most can be replaced, some sentimental stuff can't.

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Hopefully the granola eating whacks will realize that its easier to hug a tree if you clear the brush so that you can get to it...

they should be ashamed that the trees are now burning and suffering a painful death because of their poor decisions not to allow brush clearance.

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
That's funny that they would be ashamed. The regulations up here are crazy.

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
yes, yes they are...

all of my employees in carp are at home today. everyone is packed up and ready to roll. Some already have.

one of the guys has a mom in Motecito. If these Sundowners happen tonight as forecast it may be an extremely tough night for everyone.

The fact that the firefighters saved all of the houses they have so far is amazing. There is no good reason that some of those homes should still be there.

they are amazing people and True heroes. I wish I could help in some way.

Ive already offered up my house for now and Travel Trailer for a place to stay while folks rebuild. The only other thing i can do now is toast to their safety:cheers:

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Really that they saved those houses is a incredible. True heroes!
Our 2 big projects are in closed areas so all our heavy equipment is stuck there.60 guys with no work xmas coming, just sucks on so many levels. NOTHING compared to losing a home but the ripple effect will be huge.

I'd like to think some things will change but having seen these fires here before with the same issues likely nothing will. The only exception is the fire fighters who are constantly stepping their game up

Reactions: mogambosquid