Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Watching a report right now. An older man being interviewed said “This was going to be the house I died in....unfortunately, my house died before I did.”

Reactions: tunacrzy

sbsurfer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat
29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
A house I sold there 11 months ago burned down last night. One co-worker lost everything when her apt building went ablaze, another friend lost everything but the shirt on his back and his pickup last night when his house went up. I have buddies right now that live in Oak View/Ojai and they are now getting evacuated...these strong offshores sure aren't helping matters. I was in VTA today and it's pretty crazy.

Reactions: tunacrzy

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
My son lives near Lake Balboa and he just text me this pic, this is the view from his front porch.. he just got back from a snowboarding trip in Switzerland this morning.. he went from a beautiful orange to an ugly orange :eek:

If anyone affected is in need of a temporary place for your pet, I wil welcome any pet in need.. please don't leave your pets in danger because you can't take them with you to a shelter.. pm me if you need a temporary place for your pet...

IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1404.JPG

tunacrzy

It takes two to tangle
Sep 23, 2008
Pico Rivera,Ca
Name
Ryan
Boat
18' Westcoaster "Deez Knots"
A house I sold there 11 months ago burned down last night. One co-worker lost everything when her apt building went ablaze, another friend lost everything but the shirt on his back and his pickup last night when his house went up. I have buddies right now that live in Oak View/Ojai and they are now getting evacuated...these strong offshores sure aren't helping matters. I was in VTA today and it's pretty crazy.

Thats sad to hear man i have some friends that own businesses in Ventura and Santa Paula that are preparing for the worst.Its really expected to blow hard the next couple days.If you look at a map of the current fires LA is being surrounded by fire.Its not lookin to good.

RockHopperNCKA

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Good luck down there, you guys. Just went through the same thing up here and even though my family and I were lucky and all remained safe, it was still a pretty harrowing experience. Sending good vibes your way. Stay safe!

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
Pulled my boat from storage last night. Right by Rincon, Glad I did, it's under mandatory evac right now.
I hope Woodman's place weathered the firestorm....

Reactions: bparker1225
Jul 9, 2003
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
This sucks!
I have a lot of family in Carpinteria and I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure my sister in law's house burnt down last night. They live on a big avocado ranch up Rincon canyon and last I heard the canyon was on fire. Huge evacuations, my mother in law called at 5 this morning saying she was evacuated and they're in the parking lot of Albertsons watching the flames consume the foothills headed to Montecito.