Venice off shore tuna trip cost?

Discussion in 'Louisiana Fishing Reports' started by old school 8541, May 7, 2012.

1. old school 8541

old school 8541 Newbie

Name:
    Emmet
    Boat:
    Big Buckn Boat
    Anyone know what I should expect to pay for a boat and quality captian per day on a tuna trip out of Venice? Trying to develope a budget for a trip from CA. Anyone suggest a boat and captain?

2. rafconsulting

rafconsulting Newbie

Name:
    bob franks
    Boat:
    beach it
    i just booked one on cajunodysea

boat 1300 plus fuel and tip

lodging at the venice marina is 165 per cabin per night

3. SwampMD06

SwampMD06 Newbie

Name:
    Justin Ardoin
    Boat:
    bumming rides successfully since 1980
    The prices mentioned by the above poster are pretty much standard. Plenty of excellent captains. Will Wall, Eddie Burger, Hunter Caballero, Josh Howard,... Check out some of the posts and pick one, you won't be disappointed. Venice is awesome. Good luck!

4. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    Thanks for the info. I am interested too, its on my list. But maybe its just me, but that seems pricy for this economy and the south. I assume that's for one day, is that correct?

5. seminole81

seminole81 master baiter

Name:
    austin
    Boat:
    ne'er skunked
    I've been a few to Venice a few times over the past year.

For a charter of four people you are looking at $1200-1300 for the charter. Then, you generally cover the fuel bill when you return to the marina. Depending on where the fish are, this can run From $300-900.

6. Can't Parker

Can't Parker Me

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    2530 Parker
    So $2k for a day of fishing. Thats long range trip money or most of the cost for a tuna tower for my boat. I rest my case..

thanks for the info.

7. Mikieb

Mikieb Member

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Crash & Burn

Divided by four so your in 2day SD trip price & have 1/6 of the money for your tower.:D

8. tightlinemike

tightlinemike Semper Fidelis

Name:
    michael higens
    Boat:
    n/a
    X2. I just got back from 2 days fishing over memorial day weekend. Fished with Capt Will on the first day. 33 foot contender with 3 300 HP yamaha motors and a great sound system. Very nice guy and loves to tralk fishing and he and his deck hand will share there knowledge. Highly recomended.
    Day 2 we fished with Capt Josh from Paradise outfitters. Twin Vee. Smooth ride and another great guy amd first mate.
    Great fishing both days with YFT up to 96 Lbs and we stopped on the way in to Jig at the rigs inshore for monster AJ's.
    We split between 4 guys and there was plenty of room to fish and was very reasonable. 450 to 500 a day total out of pocket counting fuel being split up. Well worth it...........Mike