Capt. Scott Goodwin
Jan 11, 2007
Merritt Island, Florida
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Capt. Scott Goodwin
Boat
Morgan 24, Glasser 16'8
My buddy Tony Caira and I met several years back fishing offshore on the New Lo An. Although we were both not too far along in our fishing journey, we knew enough to know we wanted to stay away from the crowd at the stern and mostly fished together on the bow. We got to be friendly on that trip and have since gone on several trips together.

Every year, Tony takes out his best clients on hunting and fishing trips. It’s a way to bond beyond the typical business relationship. One of his annual trips is Venice, Louisiana. Tony has told me about these trips. I’ve seen the pictures. I’ve heard the stories. He’s always said, “I gotta get you out there one of these times.” People always say stuff like that to me and usually it’s just fun conversation. I don’t have any expectation that it ever actually happens. A month back or so, Tony said this trip was coming up and that maybe one of his clients might back out. If that happened, all I’d have to do is fly out to...

Continue reading...

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
my favorite place to fish.Gone there the last 3 years and am going back this October.Should be on every anglers bucket list.Tom

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Its an awesome place, especially if you catch the right weather window. Went 3 years ago and now planning another trip for next year. It blew my mind when 3 of us had caught around 20 bull reds all over the slot limit and the captain looked at us and said if it wasn’t for the weather we would have done a lot better.

Upvote 0

thehatpd

Almost A Member
Oct 1, 2007
Palm Desert, CA
Name
jim
Boat
none
Its an awesome place, especially if you catch the right weather window. Went 3 years ago and now planning another trip for next year. It blew my mind when 3 of us had caught around 20 bull reds all over the slot limit and the captain looked at us and said if it wasn’t for the weather we would have done a lot better.
Looking to bring my wife for 3 days of fishing, hopefully for some bull reds in October....looking at Woodland Plantation and another place, Venice Fishing Lodge....anyone have any info on these 2 places....thanks

Upvote 0

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Try Eric and Moe Newman,your wife will love Moe.Great boats and tackle.All Shimano tackle.Im fishing with them Oct 24th for 3 days.Will PM their contact info.Tom

Upvote 0

DH10

Aug 18, 2009
Pinedale WY USA
Name
Dave Harper
Boat
17 Crestliner
My trip is off,super bummed.Tom
That is a bummer. I feel bad for the folks down there, they have been repeatedly battered by storms, and the future does not look promising for Venice. The amount of open water surrounding them grows exponentially after every one of these storms...

Upvote 0