longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat Name
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    I did a repeat of my last outing and started at the islands with a killer half scoop of bait. The fish were right where they have been the last week or so and put a few solid ones on the boat and released a couple pretty quickly. Once the tide slacked off the Cuda and bass took over so I split west of the islands.
    20220823_094225.jpg

I found a kelp pretty quickly at 22 over 21 that was loaded with dorado and got 1 nice one to go and released a few smaller ones. I handed off the kelp and headed north.
    20220823_112958.jpg

There was a good volume of tuna in close with plenty of boats on it. I metered a couple good schools and got yellowfin to go on 20lb and a small hook which I released. On the way in I found a big foamer of bluefin and got one on the popper. He choked it so went in the bag. Another killer day and only had to burn 9 gallons! Good luck and stay safe!
    20220823_143734.jpg

Cole418

• Jul 18, 2019
    Encinitas
    Name
    Cole
    Boat Name
    2018 Parker 2320 - "Reel Busy"
    How the hell did you get a "killer scope of bait" when ours was terrible?

What time were you at the barge and got your bait?

We were two boats behind Cody and we both got lucky... I think they opened a new bin right before Cody and the guy said the bait had been sitting in there since the weekend.

So short answer... pure luck.

We got to barge at 630 and waited and waited and actually got our bait around 7am.

I'm guessing you were ahead of us?

Upvote 0

longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat Name
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    How the hell did you get a "killer scope of bait" when ours was terrible?
    They opened a new box a few boats ahead of me and the bait was really good. My buddy that was way ahead of me got crap bait from the last of that box

Upvote 0