Reel Stamas

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
Just picked up ~8+/10 (barely used) Black Newell 546-3.2 w/original Box & some extra washers & a parts reciept from Carl dated '92. I assume '92 (or pre-'92) is a 'No Letter' Series, but honestly I don't even know what that means ??? Trying to assess an average Value from you guys that know Newells... Ebay wasn't lot of help, but I think the 1 I saw on 'Completed Listings' was ~$350 ? Any help is appreciated, as I have No Interest in Keeping this to Fish- TYIA... & if this is not the best place to ask this question please let me know where to post it (or have Admins move it) ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
Just picked up ~8+/10 (barely used) Black Newell 546-3.2 w/original Box & some extra washers & a parts reciept from Carl dated '92. I assume '92 (or pre-'92) is a 'No Letter' Series, but honestly I don't even know what that means ??? Trying to assess an average Value from you guys that know Newells... Ebay wasn't lot of help, but I think the 1 I saw on 'Completed Listings' was ~$350 ? Any help is appreciated... TYIA... & if this is not the best place to ask this question please let me know where to post it (or have Admins move it) ???
Probably not much interest on the west coast, but the prices have gone up on these models on the east coast. You could try your luck on ebay and see where it goes. The guys in Hawaii want the 4.6 or 5.5 gear ratio models.

Upvote 0

Reel Stamas

Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
Probably not much interest on the west coast, but the prices have gone up on these models on the east coast. You could try your luck on ebay and see where it goes. The guys in Hawaii want the 4.6 or 5.5 gear ratio models.
I figured the HG models were more popular... I think the $350 sold reel on Ebay was 4.6... Just mostly curious if 1 of these in ~8/10 condition (no issues) w/original goodies is worth ~$150 or ~$200 or ~$300...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reel Stamas

Jan 20, 2010
PCB, FL.
Name
Dr. John
Boat
27' Stamas- Reel Stamas
I'd keep em and fish em! So many ways to maintain/upgrade....
I'm sure ppl do that & enjoy it, but hard to imagine any upgrade that would make it outfish my Torsas & Talicas...
I'll list it here & a few places for ~$250 & see what happens... Thanks for the info guys...

Last edited:
Upvote 0