Valiant 500 or 600 for yo-yo

Discussion in 'Accurate Fishing Reels Support Forum' started by AWilliams, Feb 22, 2019.

1. AWilliams

AWilliams Member

Name:
    Alin Williams
    Boat:
    none
    Hey gang,

Is the Valiant 500/2 or 600/2 better for 50-60# bait and yo-yo. I like to fish as small a reel as possible but still get the job done. Either reel would have 65 or 80# braid and a 80- 100 ft top shot...thanks

2. InDeepShip

InDeepShip Ah ship

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    In my Dream's
    I have a 600N with 450yrds of 80# max Quatro and its an amazing yoyo reel id recommend the 600N it's great and it's thin. Its a really versatile reel. you can use it from anything from wahoo to yellows

kayakbeast33 likes this.
  3. Kyle Wallace

Kyle Wallace Newbie

Name:
    Kyle Wallace
    Boat:
    San Diego Fleet!
    Just throwing this out, I would recommend the 800N if you plan to fish 80#, having fished it myself. The 600 would be my choice of the two listed though, that 2.2:1 low gear is a whench and you can put the screws to whatever bites. I've got smaller hands and I can still cast bait on the 800N. Caught several 120-170lb Striped Marlin this Jan in Mag Bay and the reel functioned flawlessly. Definitely my favorite of the valiant line right now and I own a small arsenal consisting of bv300, bv2-400, Bv2-500/500N and an 800N. Visit a retailer and feel them, let them speak to you. :-)

Explorer1 likes this.
  4. skipjackrobert

skipjackrobert I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
  5. Explorer1

Explorer1 Newbie

Name:
    San
    Boat:
    None
    Hi Kyle, remember how many yards of 80lbs Braid you managed to put on the 800N?

6. Kyle Wallace

Kyle Wallace Newbie

Name:
    Kyle Wallace
    Boat:
    San Diego Fleet!
    I got 600 yards of 80# metered Fins braid on the reel and that about filled it up with out overloading it, by the way it's not thin braid either. I was very happy with the quality of their line, first time using it too. Held up great, had great knot strength, colors didn't fade either after a week of fishing dropper loops and live bait, and the price was just another nice benifit.

Explorer1 likes this.