RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
As of mid April, a friend who went fishing noted it was totally gutted. I had seen a price for the new place @$250 a night. Just checked booking.com for early August and the price was $250. Personally it was very convenient but not at that price, while there are less expensive places around. The tough part is all the stuff we bring. Suggest you find a ground floor room and borrow a cart and take it across the street.

Upvote 0

RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Here’s a thought as an alternative, especially if you are flying. The Courtyard at Liberty Station. A. They have a shuttle from the airport and went I was there (not fishing) the took us over to Point Loma Sea Food.
B. As I recall they have a bell desk with storage. Tip someone and leave you stuff at the bell desk.

you should call the hotel direct and ask about the shuttle and bell desk storage.

just a thought.

Reactions: Rex1978
Upvote 0

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
I would cancel and rebook...I just booked at the Ramada across the street for May 27th...it was like $105 including tax for a Harbor View balcony room....Ramada has always been better than the Vagabond.

Upvote 0

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
GOOD news to know.

Thanks David!
I have stayed at the Ramada a few times prior to a trip, and yes, you can bring one of the fishing carts right up to the front entrance to load your gear from your room to go to the landing. Parking your vehicle there is convenient, you don't have to look for a parking place at the landing, I believe it cost $12 a day to park there, just a few dollars a day more than the landings parking. I always ask, when making my reservation, for a room on the FIRST FLOOR.

Reactions: RichG
Upvote 0

Fishhead17

Almost A Member
Nov 20, 2017
Northern CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Willie
Yes, I already rebooked at the Ramada. I’ll be driving down from N. CA and want to be as close to the Landing as possible. It was $124 for Thursday. Night and $165 Fri. Night with cancellation privileges, so more than Pangamaster paid. Prices may have gone up to summer levels effective June 1 or so. Thanks for everyon’s input.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Is the LR house all booked up? Someone jump on that. LR IS PREMIUM clients

Upvote 0

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
Here’s a thought as an alternative, especially if you are flying. The Courtyard at Liberty Station. A. They have a shuttle from the airport and went I was there (not fishing) the took us over to Point Loma Sea Food.
B. As I recall they have a bell desk with storage. Tip someone and leave you stuff at the bell desk.

you should call the hotel direct and ask about the shuttle and bell desk storage.

just a thought.
Great location. I usually stay at the Homewood Suites next door with points for free. Plenty of restaurant's for dinner the night before that you can walk to in the parking lot of those hotels.

Reactions: RichG and Rex1978
Upvote 0