hagridfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat
None
I'm always doing things way too early. So I was trying to book a room at the Vagabond for my trip in December (Told you I do stuff way too early!) Anyway, I'm on the Website, and it shows "no availability"! I called them yesterday on my way home from work, and they told me (after pushing a little) that the plan is to tear the place down, and build a new hotel!. I was shocked! but I guess the land is worth a whole bunch!. Anyway, Thought you guys should know

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Thanks for the heads up. I have never stayed anywhere else. Guess now I have to. Is the New Portuguese hotel that was replacing the Dolphin open yet. :-)

ripped

Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
That explains why they told me they were booked up for mid July and weren't taking reservations for October yet.

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
Any thoughts on the Point Loma Inn or The Pearl? I too have stayed only at the Vagabond and have to find somewhere else for October!

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Wonder how much the “Resort Fee” will be...

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
I had a room booked for November with confirmation number. Another angler going on same trip told me that Vag told him tearing down, I called and they said yes, so I booked across the street at the Ramada. Room cost $89.

Reactions: FishRock

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
When I last stayed at the Ramada, we took our cart across the street to our room. Not that much further.
Yep!

That's what my friends tell me.

After the Dolphin closed, that's where they went with their business...

Question: Can you get your cart up to near the door to your room?

Thanks!

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
I will be staying at the Vagabond in July they will not be closing till October....I don't think you can roll a cart up to the door at the Ramada like the Vagabond...

Reactions: Montaukmaniac

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
Yep!

That's what my friends tell me.

After the Dolphin closed, that's where they went with their business...

Question: Can you get your cart up to near the door to your room?

Thanks!
I believe it depends upon the location of your room. I honestly can’t remember if I got the cart to our room or just outside the side entrance door.

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
If you booked a room at the Ramada for a trip next Oct or so it's $93 for a Friday night...way cheaper than the Vagabond was. I also heard last fall that the guys who stayed there on either end of their trip could leave their rig parked there while they were out on the boat for $10/night as well.

offshore6

Where's the tuna?
Aug 20, 2006
Indialantic, Florida
Name
Eric
Boat
Boat Ho
If you booked a room at the Ramada for a trip next Oct or so it's $93 for a Friday night...way cheaper than the Vagabond was. I also heard last fall that the guys who stayed there on either end of their trip could leave their rig parked there while they were out on the boat for $10/night as well.
I paid $80 a night at the Vagabond in January. Not really looking forward to hauling gear up/down floors at the Ramada but that is probably the least expensive option.

Reactions: Montaukmaniac

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
I paid $80 a night at the Vagabond in January. Not really looking forward to hauling gear up/down floors at the Ramada but that is probably the least expensive option.
I think I paid $139 at the Vagabond last October.