One Cool Tuna - Panic
  • Sep 30, 2005
    San Diego
    www.onecooltuna.com
    Name
    Jeff- One Cool Tuna
    Boat Name
    1ft, plastic, O.C.T. One CoolTuna
    Had a great time on the 3 day trip. Got out early and started fishing at 2PM. We got in the zone and picked up a few in the light and then fished a little in the night and got a few more on the Knife jigs.
    Day 2 was wide open on the Sinker Rig and I did well on the 160 Gram Colt Sniper on the slide.. Got one on 60# but then stepped up to 80#. Most of the fish were in the 80 to 100# range and they have the learned a few new moves since last year.. Day 3 was scratch fishing around the zone.. for the day light hours, But once it got dark it went off... we fished till 2am and then headed in and off-loaded at 6:30AM with 100plus for 22 guys on a 3 day. Capt. Cam and crew did a great job and helped a lot of rookies get there first and personal best fish to the boat..

Charter Pics OneCoolTuna 3day Vagabond

OCT 156 Medium.jpeg
    DSC_0120C Medium.jpeg

Deadlift500

• Jan 12, 2022
    USA
    Name
    d
    Boat Name
    kayak
    Thanks for the report and congrats on the nice fish.

I am going out on the Vagabond for my first time on that boat later this year on a “One Cool Tuna” trip, hope we do as well on that trip as you did on yours.

Upvote 0

ripped

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 5, 2007
    Santa Cruz
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    Vagabond
    Thanks Jeff for the repot and the pics! I was all smiles having my morning coffee. I particularly liked the photo of Mark nearly getting spooled. Great times to be alive and on the water. btw, I didn’t see but a few skallywags!

Upvote 0

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Name
    Mark
    Boat Name
    Which one? Too many....
    Jeff, really good to fish with you. I enjoyed our conversations. And thank you for the great photos. You are indeed "One Cool Tuna"

Steve, you were definitely the one to watch on this trip. Thank you for your generosity. The bruises on my arm are fading, but I now have a story that will be remembered.

Gary, the photo moment of "nearly spooled" didn't turn out so well. But as a wise fisherman said "I just saved a bunch on my processing bill" 😆

Mark

Upvote 0

SteveD

Gambler
  • Nov 28, 2005
    Santa Monica
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    never again
    hmmm.....who said that ??? and again at least your wallet is thicker although I really wanted to see that fish on deck (we saw it at deep color circling for 30 minutes) ! Broke 100 lb seaguar threadlock. Just replaced the top 100 yards with fresh 100 lb for my trip this Saturday on the Shogun

Reactions: Panic and effigy
    Upvote 0

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
    torrance, ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    Vagabond
    Had a great time on the 3 day trip. Got out early and started fishing at 2PM. We got in the zone and picked up a few in the light and then fished a little in the night and got a few more on the Knife jigs.
    Day 2 was wide open on the Sinker Rig and I did well on the 160 Gram Colt Sniper on the slide.. Got one on 60# but then stepped up to 80#. Most of the fish were in the 80 to 100# range and they have the learned a few new moves since last year.. Day 3 was scratch fishing around the zone.. for the day light hours, But once it got dark it went off... we fished till 2am and then headed in and off-loaded at 6:30AM with 100plus for 22 guys on a 3 day. Capt. Cam and crew did a great job and helped a lot of rookies get there first and personal best fish to the boat..

Charter Pics OneCoolTuna 3day Vagabond

View attachment 1390871View attachment 1390872
    Thanks Jeff. Snipers on the slide? Good tip.

Reactions: Panic
    Upvote 0

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
  • Sep 30, 2005
    San Diego
    www.onecooltuna.com
    Name
    Jeff- One Cool Tuna
    Boat Name
    1ft, plastic, O.C.T. One CoolTuna
    Thanks for the report and congrats on the nice fish.

I am going out on the Vagabond for my first time on that boat later this year on a “One Cool Tuna” trip, hope we do as well on that trip as you did on yours.
    That is My Trip - I am OneCoolTuna.. Welcome aboard we should do good. See you then.

Upvote 0