fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Just got back from a 10 day trip to the cow pasture....the Vagabond and crew were outstanding as usual and Capt Mike got us on the fish....The Vag may not be the newest fancy dan boat in the fleet but boy oh boy is it fishy.

I think there 7 cows over 200# at least 24 fish over 100# lots and lots in the 60# to 80# range...only 6 people out of 18 did not get at least 1 fish over 100#....there were also 7 wahoo caught.

My best three fish were 200#, 154# and 167# and another 4 at over a 100#.

Three huge fish were lost at color because of operator error and several others were lost by not listening when the skipper said "Please do not thow anything less then 100# in the water preferably 130#" and several others just got away.

It was a slow steady pick bite on most days and you had to work hard....what worked for me was 50' Soft Steel Ultra topshots in 130# and 150# 3' double leader tied to a 8/0 ringed eagle claw 2004 with a double San Diego....they wanted the sardine and would not eat greenies, long soaks nose hooked....weird but all the fish over 100# were caught flylining not on the kite or balloon....

The group of anglers was great fun and hard working.....several times we left 70# grade fish cause Mike wanted big fish....he said this isn't what we came for...

The highlight of the trip was watch him (Capt Mike) throw a popper and cow just destroy it ...zig pow.... all he said was "that was really cool".

Feb 17, 2005
laguna
Name
jorge
Boat
none
sounds like a bitchen trip.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Nope best Cofe could do was a 80# yft...photos will be posted this afternoon.....

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Glad you guys had a great trip. Congrats on the mess a piggies and a cow.

Iron thrower

Apr 20, 2006
palm desert ca
Name
Ray
Boat
none
We had a great time with a fantastic capt an crew. When Fishy hooked up on that "Cow" cough cough, he spent about 1 1/2 hrs on his knees except for running around the boat catching up with it. It was raining pretty steady an cold. He spent more time on his knees then a priest at mass does in his whole life. Have to admit, he whipped that fish pretty damm good. It had to be little over 205/210# when at gaff. We all lost a few fish, some due to operator error, others who the hell knows, I tagged 7 fish an the biggest was little over 100. Two fish that I lost was due too hook pulled an other after being in a tangle, my spectra "ripped". Never seen that happen. Not a clean break,but ripped. Most of the fish lost I noticed was due to snapped Hooks. Just broke. All in all it was one great trip. Cofe, well, He is one crazy son of a bitch. Pleasure to be around, an a help too all on board.

Hollywood

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Just got back from a 10 day trip to the cow pasture....the Vagabond and crew were outstanding as usual and Capt Mike got us on the fish....The Vag may not be the newest fancy dan boat in the fleet but boy oh boy is it fishy.

I think there 7 cows over 200# at least 24 fish over 100# lots and lots in the 60# to 80# range...only 6 people out of 18 did not get at least 1 fish over 100#....there were also 7 wahoo caught.

My best three fish were 200#, 154# and 167# and another 4 at over a 100#.

Three huge fish were lost at color because of operator error and several others were lost by not listening when the skipper said "Please do not thow anything less then 100# in the water preferably 130#" and several others just got away.

It was a slow steady pick bite on most days and you had to work hard....what worked for me was 50' Soft Steel Ultra topshots in 130# and 150# 3' double leader tied to a 8/0 ringed eagle claw 2004 with a double San Diego....they wanted the sardine and would not eat greenies, long soaks nose hooked....weird but all the fish over 100# were caught flylining not on the kite or balloon....

The group of anglers was great fun and hard working.....several times we left 70# grade fish cause Mike wanted big fish....he said this isn't what we came for...

The highlight of the trip was watch him (Capt Mike) throw a popper and cow just destroy it ...zig pow.... all he said was "that was really cool".
Here are some of the pictures from Fishy

looks like he caught a few

Gotta love a fish that is bigger than you

Why am I not surprised

fishloose2

Fish The OUTRIDER
Feb 13, 2008
Lake Elsinore Ca
Name
Steve D
Boat
Outrider
Looks like it was osome trip i had to back out next year ill be on it for sure Dave was on the trip with you we work on the OUTRIDER together WTG guys see ya next year