Vagabond 10-day Report Part 2 and conclusion

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Simply a helluva great report. Terrifically descriptive. Thanks 0.001"! (a mil, haha).

Good fishin'!
BDC OK

Roadrunner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
What, no BEAVERS this trip ! Hopefully next year we can be fishing on the same trip.
Saw the pictures of both of you in this post and it brought back fun memories.

Finally did my last trip of the season I think and almost finished licking my wounds. Except for my physical therapy appt in the AM. Mid- spine has been bugging me since the October bluefin trip on the Vag. Just bought some new musc,e ache cream from Costco that people are saying works great -Voltaren in orange tubes.

LAst few trips have been paying me for doing well with a couple of jackpots- Better than the $ was getting the wahoo and then getting one last big BFT before the season shuts down.

Thinking these bluefin will be hanging around all this winter. just in a winter mode verses how they were earlier in the year. Now they are far and few being caught with many still being seen.

Water temps just dumped with a few winter storms the last 2 weeks. Must go 120 miles south to find a pod of 68 degree water still holding some small YFT 10 to 20 lbs and some dorado & skipjack. Our Vag 2.5 day did 1 day at cortez/Tanner areas for 2 BFT in the AM. rest of the day was dead except for 2 bait BFT, one of which was my second place 265 lber.

We ran south Saturday nite and Mike out us on the fish again. LAst big stop started on a patty and lasted a few hours with all you wanted YFT with some decent sized dodos in the mix. Crazy pace fishing with event he cooks trying to keep up with the gaffing.

Got to watch Mike marry a couple on the bow at the end fo the trip - first for me and Reverend Mike Lackey !

Loved reading your day by day account of the trip. Little sleep, lot s of luck( hoo on mono spinner ), lots of hard work and a great payoff in fish and fun. Liked Fluffy's comment of being early for the next bite.

Another great trip in the books. 🛥🐟

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
What, no BEAVERS this trip ! Hopefully next year we can be fishing on the same trip.
Saw the pictures of both of you in this post and it brought back fun memories.

Finally did my last trip of the season I think and almost finished licking my wounds. Except for my physical therapy appt in the AM. Mid- spine has been bugging me since the October bluefin trip on the Vag. Just bought some new musc,e ache cream from Costco that people are saying works great -Voltaren in orange tubes.

LAst few trips have been paying me for doing well with a couple of jackpots- Better than the $ was getting the wahoo and then getting one last big BFT before the season shuts down.

Thinking these bluefin will be hanging around all this winter. just in a winter mode verses how they were earlier in the year. Now they are far and few being caught with many still being seen.

Water temps just dumped with a few winter storms the last 2 weeks. Must go 120 miles south to find a pod of 68 degree water still holding some small YFT 10 to 20 lbs and some dorado & skipjack. Our Vag 2.5 day did 1 day at cortez/Tanner areas for 2 BFT in the AM. rest of the day was dead except for 2 bait BFT, one of which was my second place 265 lber.

We ran south Saturday nite and Mike out us on the fish again. LAst big stop started on a patty and lasted a few hours with all you wanted YFT with some decent sized dodos in the mix. Crazy pace fishing with event he cooks trying to keep up with the gaffing.

Got to watch Mike marry a couple on the bow at the end fo the trip - first for me and Reverend Mike Lackey !

Loved reading your day by day account of the trip. Little sleep, lot s of luck( hoo on mono spinner ), lots of hard work and a great payoff in fish and fun. Liked Fluffy's comment of being early for the next bite.

Another great trip in the books. 🛥🐟
No beavers on that trip, John. However, we re-booked for next year. The trip is about a week later and in between the Hunter's Moon (Oct 20) and the Beaver Moon (Nov 19), so we're dubbing it the "Beaver Hunter's Trip." lol

You kicked butt the last couple trips! Glad you got your hoo for the winter. You must have quite the cornucopia of fish species in your freezer(s).

Take care of your back. We'll have to confer and see if we can't get on a trip together next year. Enjoy your holidays!

Roadrunner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
I think I may be on this trip. Trying to get a november trip in but the schedule has been getting changed so much. must wait to hear form Mike Lackey on this one.

Will keep you in the loop but hope to be fishing withyou all next year

Reactions: nicodemus

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
I think I may be on this trip. Trying to get a november trip in but the schedule has been getting changed so much. must wait to hear form Mike Lackey on this one.

Will keep you in the loop but hope to be fishing withyou all next year
Waiting List last I looked. Get on it!