albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
I know quite a few of you have the high end vacuum sealers. I just can’t justify that cost. I have a Food Saver Titanium Game Saver and it works well for my needs.

Shere do you buy your vacuum bags? Seems like a lot of waste with the Food Saver rolls, would like a more economical solution.

Thanks

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
I have an old food saver that works fine, but I agree, I hate the rolls. Amazon has some precut bags, quart size, that I picked up. They work great and one side is already sealed, so a real time saver, too. 200 bags for $30. I won't go through 200 in a season, as I just use them for my smoked products.

Phil

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 5, 2006
Mississippi
Name
Phil
Boat
n/a
We like the pre-made bags from foodvacbags.com. I personally like using the bags instead of making my own from the roll - probably more expensive but worth it to me. Available through Amazon (where we found them initially) but the last order we did early this summer was direct through them with no issues.

FoodVacBags

Reactions: pomoxis

JTC

Too Sirius
Aug 13, 2012
Redmond Wa
Name
Jeff
Boat
24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
Try Websteraunt
When you get there search vacuum sealer bags.

redbeard

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 17, 2004
So. Calif.
Name
John
Boat
someday
Don’t be such a miser, just get a real vacuum chamber sealing machine and live happily ever after. Best investment ever to a happy wife when showing up from a great trip with work to be done with vacuuming and sealing.
The days of wiping every bag on the inside before sealing are over. Besides, you can make smaller packages easier for Louie😀

Reactions: JTC

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
Apr 6, 2010
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
20' Tiara Pursuit
I have some 10x13'' & 6x10'' bags, smooth on both sides. 4 mil thick. 250 bags per pack. 2 bags each - I did open and use a few from one of each size packages but they don't work with my sealer. I need the 'diamond' or texture on one side.

Im in OC if you are interested. Not sure what I paid but we can come up with a price,

PM if you are interested.

DH10

Aug 18, 2009
Pinedale WY USA
Name
Dave Harper
Boat
17 Crestliner
I have used a bunch of different brands and styles, bags and rolls. The Cabelas rolls are my new favorite, and a good value (rolls are 50' long). You can get them in several widths. I find the bags are often too small or too large for different applications. With the bags you can customize the size without wasting a bunch of material. They have the diamond texture on one side.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
good info here...thanks people

thx4fish

Mar 13, 2014
The OC
Name
Allan
Boat
W 650
If I run short during a packaging session, Target carries them. Check inventory online before you go

Reefmo

Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
Uline brand bags -- 3mil, get 100 pre made for not too much $.

Jun 22, 2015
Name
David
Boat
mine
Try this place. I have a commercial vacuum (vacmaster 350)
webstaurantstore.com