Vaccinations on sport boats?

Should sport boats require passengers to have covid vaccinations?

• Yes

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • Only for over night trips

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAG0121

Feb 28, 2015
Encinitas, CA
www.coastlaw.com
Name
Marco Gonzalez
Boat
Nah
200,000,000 people vaccinated in the U.S., cases plummeting where vaccinations taken seriously, full opening by June 15th (California). Why is this even a question? Because fishermen are a subset of the population who tend to think they know better than people who have gone to school and studied this shit for decades, or they are simply prone to believe in crackpot conspiracy theories and junk-science because they're uneducated and gullible. Let's not forget, half of the population is below average intelligence...

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    I don’t think this
    It’s math. Vaccines are not 100% effective. The more people on a boat that are vaccinated, the less likely that any of them have contracted covid and less likely to pass it on to others on the boat, vaccinated or not.
    If people who aren’t vaccinated are going on a sport fishing trip sleeping 6” from the dude above them they probably aren’t scared of COVID...

.I fall in that group as do many of my fellow Americans who are for freedom including medical freedom. Yes that’s a thing. I don’t give a shit if you get a vaccine or not. COVID freakers should get that tested, proven, effective vaccine and let ME do what I want, as you are.

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    200,000,000 people vaccinated in the U.S., cases plummeting where vaccinations taken seriously, full opening by June 15th (California). Why is this even a question? Because fishermen are a subset of the population who tend to think they know better than people who have gone to school and studied this shit for decades, or they are simply prone to believe in crackpot conspiracy theories and junk-science because they're uneducated and gullible. Let's not forget, half of the population is below average intelligence...
    Yet you want people to get a vaccine because you’re scared that yours won’t work? Or what’s the reasoning? Why do you care what I or others do who don’t get that vaccine. I can see which side of freedom for this country you are on. The sheep side

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    You should fact check your claim of 200,000,000 people vaccinated in the U.S. I think you're a little off.

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    Sporties are private businesses and can require whatever they want to require. They can also ask you whatever they want but you can refuse to answer.

HIPPA only precludes a medical provider from divulging a patient’s private medical information.
    The first paragraph that came up in a google search....

5BF0D804-2892-444A-B809-14F76C63BD55.jpeg

Nov 7, 2020
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    none
    I don’t think this

If people who aren’t vaccinated are going on a sport fishing trip sleeping 6” from the dude above them they probably aren’t scared of COVID...

.I fall in that group as do many of my fellow Americans who are for freedom including medical freedom. Yes that’s a thing. I don’t give a shit if you get a vaccine or not. COVID freakers should get that tested, proven, effective vaccine and let ME do what I want, as you are.
    You don’t think what? That math is “real?”

asked the ?, got the answer. But people who believe in math are wrong, because you disagree?

what is your definition of “covid freaker?”

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    You don’t think what? That math is “real?”

asked the ?, got the answer. But people who believe in math are wrong, because you disagree?

what is your definition of “covid freaker?”
    And I asked a question and got no answer. Why are you scared of un-vaccinated people if you yourself are vaccinated. Still crickets from you guys.
    And you are a COVID freaker

Reactions: Jeff Hannah

Moseley

Aug 4, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    Steve Moseley
    Boat
    N/A
    The first paragraph that came up in a google search....

View attachment 1274056
    So? All that means is that doctors and insurance companies can’t provide medical information to an employer without an employee’s consent.
    Regardless, If medical information is needed for job qualifications, the employer can certainly ask for the information from the doctor or insurance company. BUT the employee must consent to the release. If the employee refuses consent, they are told to look for employment elsewhere.
    HIPAA is totally irrelevant to this thread.

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    You should fact check your claim of 200,000,000 people vaccinated in the U.S. I think you're a little off.
    Probably got that number from Biden's attempt at clustering words together into sentances that all go together in the same thought. Democrats call it speeches... But folks with brains know otherwise.

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    So? All that means is that doctors and insurance companies can’t provide medical information to an employer without an employee’s consent.
    Regardless, If medical information is needed for job qualifications, the employer can certainly ask for the information from the doctor or insurance company. BUT the employee must consent to the release. If the employee refuses consent, they are told to look for employment elsewhere.
    HIPAA is totally irrelevant to this thread.
    Umm SURE!
    The lawyers would have a field day!

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    This does not refute what you are arguing against.

My employer made me get a HepB vaccination. They didn’t ask my doctor. They asked me to provide proof of vaccination.
    No problem.
    If you work around some nasty stuff... It's required... A guy I knew at Gulfstream was dumping a planes toilet... Had a tiny drop of "liquid" hit his lip... he damn near died!

Upvote 0

Moseley

Aug 4, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    Steve Moseley
    Boat
    N/A
    Umm SURE!
    The lawyers would have a field day!
    The lawyers absolutely DO have a field day! Lots of laws are written to create litigation. That’s why a ton of state propositions are backed/funded by trial lawyer lobby groups.

I’m otherwise not sure if you disagree with my post and, if so, what part you disagree with. I’d stake my law degree on my interpretation of HIPAA in this thread.

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    The lawyers absolutely DO have a field day! Lots of laws are written to create litigation. That’s why a ton of state propositions are backed/funded by trial lawyer lobby groups.

I’m otherwise not sure if you disagree with my post and, if so, what part you disagree with. I’d stake my law degree on my interpretation of HIPAA in this thread.
    You’re fired

Moseley

Aug 4, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    Steve Moseley
    Boat
    N/A
    You’re fired
    At least you got the correct “you’re.” Get back to me once you have a logical response. I know it can be embarrassing to be proven incorrect on an Internet forum, but I’m sure your self esteem will rebound. In the meantime, try to not throw a hissy fit and argue with people about other subjects that you have no knowledge about. I’m gonna go prep for my trip this weekend. Wish me luck ;)

Edit: I even agree with your ultimate conclusion that the sporties definitely should NOT require any sort of vaccination proof. Please actually read what I initially said.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: dctalk523

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    At least you got the correct “you’re.” Get back to me once you have a logical response. I know it can be embarrassing to be proven incorrect on an Internet forum, but I’m sure your self esteem will rebound. In the meantime, try to not throw a hissy fit and argue with people about other subjects that you have no knowledge about. I’m gonna go prep for my trip this weekend. Wish me luck ;)
    😂 YOU’RE talking like you can hurt my feelings. As it seems I possibly hurt YOURS. A college degree doesn’t correlate with intelligence. Good luck on YOUR trip.

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    I got the vaccine, so IF it does what it's supposed to, I'm not too concerned if anyone else got it...
    Finally someone with intelligence on your side posting. Because also if it DOESNT do what it’s supposed to, why would it matter if someone else had it or not.

Moseley

Aug 4, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    Steve Moseley
    Boat
    N/A
    😂 YOU’RE talking like you can hurt my feelings. As it seems I possibly hurt YOURS. A college degree doesn’t correlate with intelligence. Good luck on YOUR trip.
    No feelings hurt here, brother. Glad to hear it’s mutual. Basic reading comprehension is high school level, by the way. I just have a pet peave sometimes with people relying on bullshit interpretations of law to prove their point. Usually it’s the progressive types that do that. Today it’s you unfortunately.

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    No feelings hurt here, brother. Glad to hear it’s mutual. Basic reading comprehension is high school level, by the way. I just have a pet peave sometimes with people relying on bullshit interpretations of law to prove their point. Usually it’s the progressive types that do that. Today it’s you unfortunately.
    Unfortunately for you, my pet peave is the incorrect use or lack of commas. Unfortunately, even though you slipped in the word at the end of the sentence, it actually needs a comma before the word.
    In my previous sentence, I used two commas because it is separating a phrase in the sentence. The way you used the word requires a comma; that is elementary grammar.
    I don’t suppose you know when to use that funny looking semicolon I just snuck in there?

Reactions: jbarto
    Status
    Not open for further replies.