Vaccinations on sport boats?

Should sport boats require passengers to have covid vaccinations?

• Yes

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • Only for over night trips

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Little history lesson for you... Enforcement on the level you are talking about... Is on par with how the Jews were ratted out by their neighbors... The SS may have been powerful but their numbers were limited... So they rather than hunt Jews got their citizens and businesses to do it for them...
You know for everyones good.

Forced vaccinations is a horrible idea. Better to well inform your citizens with true facts uncontested by their representatives, then allow people to die if they choose what they feel is their best option. If you want a booster shot that might kick your ass every six months... go for it! I for one trust my gut.

Reactions: JamesZ and MYNomad

afraser

Apr 20, 2008
sf, ca
Name
aaron
Boat
NA
Either a vaccination or a covid test I think is reasonable. Before 2020, there were people that didn't go on trips because they were sick with some other bug. That was very responsible. Now, the whole asymptomatic issue with covid makes it worth requiring at least a test just to keep the industry or certain boats from being targeted. I don't think anyone wants to intentionally get their fellow fishermen sick, so testing will keep them from accidentally doing it.

AKSalmon

• Jul 15, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Name
    Bill Brown
    Boat
    Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
    College students in California are now required to be vaccinated before enrolling in the fall, and public school students in many states are required to have measles shots. Is this different than covid vaccinations?

Last edited:
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    SHOULD they? Arguably yes, and they would gain a lot of customers who would put a high value on fishing on fully vaccinated boats.

WILL they? No. Most of the long range boats are already pretty much booked for the remainder of the year, so they may not have much to gain,and they risk offending some customers. It would also mean that that the crew would need to be vaccinated, and who knows how well that would go over with them.
    I friend that I have who works on a full day boats says that they’re being pushed to get the whole crew vaccinated to work this season. Since the vaccines are available to everyone and you can file both appointments the same day, I don’t see that being a problem.

to enforce an entire boat to have it... not this year but maybe the next. Let things just get back to normal by next summer. I think we can all agree that we hate fucking masks. The introverts who feel happy with them are well, you’re weird.

Wearing a gaiter really saved my next last year from some bad sun burns and tanning, Im finally in a office but if I ever worked outside again... wouldn’t mind wearing one around my neck.

Upvote 0
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    College students in California are now required to be vaccinated before enrolling in the fall, and public school students in many states are required to have measles shots. If this different that covid vaccinations?
    That’s actually great. Really. The whole point of college is to see something new. This online bullshit killed that entire premise of going to college. In the Masters program I was part of a number of students just left with a graduate degree because they couldn’t handle not being part of campus life. The whole point of college is give a kid an opurtunity to see something new and meet new people, and learn something while at it.

Reactions: OnoEric
    Upvote 0

jbarto

Jul 15, 2005
    Hayden, ID
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    College students in California are now required to be vaccinated before enrolling in the fall, and public school students in many states are required to have measles shots. If this different that covid vaccinations?
    There is a very big difference between the two vaccines. The Measles vaccines had trials prior to being released to the general public. The Covid vaccines have not.

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    P. S. I'll bet Ted Nugent wishes the people around him had been vaccinated.
    Why? Because he caught a covid? And survived?

I have talked to several people who describe their reactions to the vacine as... kicking their ass, or one guy dreaming he was in pain only to wake up in worse pain, and something they wouldnt do again. Several people... non of my unvaccinated friends have those kinds of stories... To be fair I know a lot of people doing great with their vaccinations.

I choose to believe we are evolved to weather the storm.
    Iff Vaccine cards are required... I will push for People with diseases that actually kill people be locked in quarantine... you know hpv, aids, syphilis, hepatitis, etc... and the list goes on and on....
    We all know how to protect ourselves... Do not let someone scare you with POINTsomething percent chance of death!

Reactions: marlyn
    Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Yea not happening not in this life!

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat
    none
    There is a very big difference between the two vaccines. The Measles vaccines had trials prior to being released to the general public. The Covid vaccines have not.
    Sorry but this is incomplete. mRNA has been tested for decades. It has been extensively studied to be ready for a pandemic. This particular mRNA vaccine has not been tested to the extent the measles vaccine was because we didn't have 20 years to do so. Besides, we know how the measles vaccine has panned out, and we still have millions of imbeciles advocating against it.

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    Despite the collective ingenuity and technical proficiency of fishermen as a group, we sure have some of the stupidest anti-science, anti-government, conspiracy theory loving MF'ers out there... SMH...
    I received my 2nd dose on Wednesday of Maderna
    and that's all I have is A sore arm , Fish onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Last edited:
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    Why? Because he caught a covid? And survived?

I have talked to several people who describe their reactions to the vacine as... kicking their ass, or one guy dreaming he was in pain only to wake up in worse pain, and something they wouldnt do again. Several people... non of my unvaccinated friends have those kinds of stories... To be fair I know a lot of people doing great with their vaccinations.

I choose to believe we are evolved to weather the storm.
    Iff Vaccine cards are required... I will push for People with diseases that actually kill people be locked in quarantine... you know hpv, aids, syphilis, hepatitis, etc... and the list goes on and on....
    We all know how to protect ourselves... Do not let someone scare you with POINTsomething percent chance of death!
    Well you’re clearly not evolving!

The whole point evolution, or survival of the fittest is a very self aware state. You understand what’s good for you and what’s bad for you, and work with it or against it to benefit yourself.

Got my first vaccine yesterday. Arm is sore, draining a bit, but that’s all right. I know in a month after the second does has been is fully active in my system I don’t have to give much a of a shit about anything. It’s a needle prick and you feel meh. If you can’t handle that well... use a bitch. Also needles don’t hurt anymore their so damn small. If they still hurt, you should probably stop sharong

Also if you’re not worried about comming into contact with COVID, you should volunteer to help out at hospitals! I should note that all the staff are vaccinated, but you won’t be. Let’s find out how immortal we all are.

If the vaccine is having side effects on you, that’s great! Frankly all vaccines should, because it means that the anti bodies are active in your system and are out for the kill on what ever they were intended to prevent. That’s how all vaccines are, it’s the lack of education on how a vaccine works that leads to this debate.

Im amazed at how people forget the Ebola Situation of 2015 or 2016. The US government flipped out a vaccination even faster, partially isolating the United the States, and we turned out okay as we were able to contain and isolate the virus. No one is complaining about it, because that’s how the situation was supposed to be handled. Now look at the United States, look at everything we didn’t do with Covid vs what we did with Ebola. This is a failure to be educated on fucking ethics.

Also with exception of Hep... those are STDs. Especially AIDS. That’s not transmitted by you sweating or breathing, that’s what happens when you take a Dick up the ass without condom or swallow. So if you’re worried about AIDs... you have some explaining to do with your wife.

Last edited:

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    If that Covid shot got you high we’d have lines for miles
    Imagine all the shit in weed that gets smoked or those biker lines of questionable white powder snorted with glee.
    Just need to mix the Covid shit with Dick pills, crack, or all the other vices we enjoy. Problem solved

tommysdad

May 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Categorically untrue. The trials, involving hundreds of thousands of volunteers across the 4 leading vaccines, have been published on, FFS.

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    Well you’re clearly not evolving!

The whole point evolution, or survival of the fittest is a very self aware state. You understand what’s good for you and what’s bad for you, and work with it or against it to benefit yourself.

Got my first vaccine yesterday. Arm is sore, draining a bit, but that’s all right. I know in a month after the second does has been is fully active in my system I don’t have to give much a of a shit about anything. It’s a needle prick and you feel meh. If you can’t handle that well... use a bitch. Also needles don’t hurt anymore their so damn small. If they still hurt, you should probably stop sharong

Also if you’re not worried about comming into contact with COVID, you should volunteer to help out at hospitals! I should note that all the staff are vaccinated, but you won’t be. Let’s find out how immortal we all are.

the vaccine is having side effects on you, that’s great! Frankly all vaccines should, because it means that the anti bodies are active in your system and are out for the kill on what ever they were intended to prevent. That’s how all vaccines are, it’s the lack of education on how a vaccine works that leads to this debate.

Im amazed at how people forget the Ebola Situation of 2015 or 2016. The US government flipped out a vaccination even faster, partially isolating the United the States, and we turned out okay as we were able to contain and isolate the virus were we didn’t have too. No one is complaining about it, because that’s how the situation was supposed to be handled. Now look at the United States, look at everything we didn’t do with Covid vs what we did with Ebola. This is a failure to be educated on fucking ethics.

Also with exception of Hep... those are STDs. Especially AIDS. That’s not transmitted by you sweating or breathing, that’s what happens when you take a Dick up the ass without condom or swallow. So if you’re worried about AIDs... you have some explaining to do with your wife.
    You aren't too smart are you? Uhh Diseases even STDs do not require a person to have anal or oral or any sex for that matter... A fucking druggie could simply leave his free needle in sand where it sticks an innocent child...

Medicine as well as our diet and activities has weakened the human immune system... not made it so the strongest will survive.

And I have some great friends and family infected with aids... married non drug using not gay...

you should really educate yourself.

Lets see Ebola vs Covid... great argument... not!

Reactions: Jeff Hannah
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    If that Covid shot got you high we’d have lines for miles
    Imagine all the shit in weed that gets smoked or those biker lines of questionable white powder snorted with glee.
    Just need to mix the Covid shit with Dick pills, crack, or all the other vices we enjoy. Problem solved
    Or let’s lace it in cigs. If American Spirits contain bleached tobacco and essentially tar... well hard to beat that.0

Upvote 0
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    You aren't too smart are you? Uhh Diseases even STDs do not require a person to have anal or oral or any sex for that matter... A fucking druggie could simply leave his free needle in sand where it sticks an innocent child...

Medicine as well as our diet and activities has weakened the human immune system... not made it so the strongest will survive.

And I have some great friends and family infected with aids... married non drug using not gay...

you should really educate yourself.

Lets see Ebola vs Covid... great argument... not!
    Do you remember magic Johnny and AIDS? Do you? You don’t. Despite numerous doctors proving that AIDS couldn’t be spread by sweat, by his breath he still received that hate. The whole reason we have Sex Ed for students to educate them on this. That was in sixth Grade. How does it feel, to be less educated then a sixth grader.

Also, if your example is a druggy for spreading STDs, well that’s not a level headed person or a logical/reasonable everyday situation. You’re a moron. That’s a far off right field scenario, not the two of us at Ralph’s dairy isle. I find the list of people I’m going to be ignoring here growing. Save yourself a from gross incompetence!

Also Ebola vs Covid? What’s the difference? Ebola spreads easier and is more deadly then Covid about sums it up. It was our ineptitude of our countries Central governing body that led to the penultimate accumulation of the absurdity of this situation. Yes I know, the exports and commerce of China far exceed that of Central Africa, but look at what the results of taking action vs taking none at all until it’s established.

As far as maintaining natural superiority though taking physical care of ourselves, part of that is how the food industry has changed to create said medical conditions. Rampant obesity, diabetes, heart disease... let’s evaluate all the processed, bleached grains and synthetic sugars that we put into our bodies. The guy who you joke at for being a not eating red meat and sticks a low carb, near vegetarian diet is healthier then either of us.

The person who isn’t thinking about what he’s writing down here, is you. You’re oblivious to actual science and deserve any scorn for not understanding at least basic of how a vaccine works. I recommend starting at 6th grade sex Ed.

Last edited:

NorCal wanderer

Almost A Member
    Dec 30, 2019
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Name
    Tom McCormick
    Boat
    Rosalind Pearl
    again, it would hurt their business. Also, what is with people wanting a need for vaccination requirement? Really what is the logical reasoning? If you’re scared of COVID shouldn’t you have the vaccine? I wish people would start understanding that there’s half the country who still think COVID is bullshit.
    Yeah....just ask Ted Nugent!!

• Haha
    Reactions: dctalk523
    Upvote 0
    Nov 7, 2020
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    none
    So any employer is allowed to ask for an employees medical record? Under your definition of HIPPA?
    Under your non-analogous hypothetical...there is no hippa law preventing employers from asking, but hippa prevents medical provider from providing records without patient consent.

The question here does not ask about an employer and employees, it asks about a private business and their customers/clients.

Reactions: Moseley
    Nov 7, 2020
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    none
    Higher value? Someone please explain why people who have the vaccination are scared of people who don’t have it. Are people worried their vaccination won’t work? I’m trying to wrap my head around this.
    It’s math. Vaccines are not 100% effective. The more people on a boat that are vaccinated, the less likely that any of them have contracted covid and less likely to pass it on to others on the boat, vaccinated or not.

Reactions: MAG0121

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    It’s math. Vaccines are not 100% effective. The more people on a boat that are vaccinated, the less likely that any of them have contracted covid and less likely to pass it on to others on the boat, vaccinated or not.
    Yet... If 100% were vaccinated... DR. FAUCI would reccomend 2 masks... hmmm

You do the math.

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    If you're masked and six feet apart why the vaccination ? If you're vaccinated why do you need a mask ? What a fucking mess.I honestly don't know what to believe or trust anymore.It seems they keep raising the bar once they get some compliance from us sheep.I'd get a vaccination if it meant i could resume normalcy again but i don't see that happening anytime soon.And no,sportboats shouldn't require a vaccination.If you're that worried stay off the boats.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.