Vaccinations on sport boats?

Should sport boats require passengers to have covid vaccinations?

• Yes

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • Only for over night trips

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKSalmon

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 15, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Name
    Bill Brown
    Boat
    Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
    The California University system is now requiring students to have Covid vaccinations. Should sport boats should follow suit?

• Angry
    Reactions: JamesZ

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    Sporties are private businesses and can require whatever they want to require. They can also ask you whatever they want but you can refuse to answer.

HIPPA only precludes a medical provider from divulging a patient’s private medical information.

again, it would hurt their business. Also, what is with people wanting a need for vaccination requirement? Really what is the logical reasoning? If you’re scared of COVID shouldn’t you have the vaccine? I wish people would start understanding that there’s half the country who still think COVID is bullshit.

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    Sporties are private businesses and can require whatever they want to require. They can also ask you whatever they want but you can refuse to answer.

HIPPA only precludes a medical provider from divulging a patient’s private medical information.
    So any employer is allowed to ask for an employees medical record? Under your definition of HIPPA?

Moseley
    Moseley
    Yadkout, I love how you’re downvoting my explanatory, rational responses to your question about HIPAA. You clearly know nothing about the law based on the fact that you think it is somehow relevant here. It applies only to healthcare providers (doctors) and insurance companies. Read the f’n law and maybe come back with a rational counter argument or stfu. Btw, I know a little about the law...just saying.

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
    Jun 20, 2015
    San Fernando Valley
    Name
    Brad I
    Boat
    Nope
    SHOULD they? Arguably yes, and they would gain a lot of customers who would put a high value on fishing on fully vaccinated boats.

WILL they? No. Most of the long range boats are already pretty much booked for the remainder of the year, so they may not have much to gain,and they risk offending some customers. It would also mean that that the crew would need to be vaccinated, and who knows how well that would go over with them.

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
    la mesa ca
    Name
    mike de vito
    Boat
    20ft nitro
    One thing that is missing. The Colleges are not enforcing it as there is no CDC approved final drug test. The drugs being used are under the emergency usage clause. They can not force someone to take a drug that is still in experimental stages. Now the federal government can and is just ask the military. No vaccine no leave approved

Moseley

Aug 4, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    Steve Moseley
    Boat
    N/A
    So any employer is allowed to ask for an employees medical record? Under your definition of HIPPA?
    That’s not a HIPAA issue. There are other laws (e.g., various discrimination statutes) that prevent employers from asking about certain medical issues. And employers, in some cases can definitely ask for medical information. For example, drug testing and other physical requirements for people who do certain jobs, like operating heavy machinery.

Last edited:
    Moseley
    Moseley
    I love how someone down voted this. Nothing really controversial here at all. Just summarizing the state of the applicable law. Like it or not, HIPAA is wholly irrelevant to the question of whether a sport boat can ask customers if they’re vaccinated or not. Have a good one :)

Moseley

Aug 4, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    Steve Moseley
    Boat
    N/A
    That’s not a HIPPA issue. There are other laws (e.g., various discrimination statutes) that prevent employers from asking about certain medical issues. And employers, in some cases can definitely ask for medical information. For example, drug testing and other physical requirements for people who do certain jobs, like operating heavy machinery.
    I’m not saying that boats should require vaccinations, by the way. In fact, I think it would be unnecessary and would piss off a lot of ppl. I’m just saying HIPAA isn’t a blanket law that governs all disclosures of medical information.

Last edited:

yakdout

Professional
  • Jun 26, 2014
    San Diego
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    s and hoes
    SHOULD they? Arguably yes, and they would gain a lot of customers who would put a high value on fishing on fully vaccinated boats.

WILL they? No. Most of the long range boats are already pretty much booked for the remainder of the year, so they may not have much to gain,and they risk offending some customers. It would also mean that that the crew would need to be vaccinated, and who knows how well that would go over with them.
    Higher value? Someone please explain why people who have the vaccination are scared of people who don’t have it. Are people worried their vaccination won’t work? I’m trying to wrap my head around this.

simmo13

Nov 12, 2010
    Lb inshore
    Name
    Simmo
    Boat
    19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
    I don't think they should, get the shot if you want it, roll the dice if you don't.
    Covid is BS? Check out India right now, that BS sure is fucking up a lot of people

Or roll the dice if u get it. Not approved till 2023. Everyone getting it now is a lab rat. For a virus with a 99.98 recovery rate.

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Considering the boats only show face (or hide them) at the dock and as soon as the boat leaves the harbor masks are coming off faster than a prom dress, I just don't see them enforcing vaccinations.

Reactions: Jeff Hannah

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat
    none
    again, it would hurt their business. Also, what is with people wanting a need for vaccination requirement? Really what is the logical reasoning? If you’re scared of COVID shouldn’t you have the vaccine? I wish people would start understanding that there’s half the country who still think COVID is bullshit.
    Personally I don't get the logic of not getting it. As a healthcare provider I was front line exposed for the last year. I didn't get it but I wasn't running scared from it either. I am getting tired of the masks and restrictions. The only way we're getting out of this crap is for a large percentage of the population to develop immunity. You develop it either by catching it or getting vaccinated.
    People mention that we shouldn't have to give our health info out, but several months ago there was a post about some trips that everyone on the trip would be required to get covid tested within 3 days before boarding. There are several reasons this is/was ridiculous but there was a very supportive response to this on these boards.
    Covid has been way overplayed by the media and politicians but it is also for real. There are a lot of people dead or permanently injured from it. Take the vaccine or don't take it, I don't care. But people need to stop encouraging people to not take it. That's stupid and irresponsible.

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    Schools require all kinds of vaccines for kids to go to school. Nothing new about that. They can require a COVID vaccine too. Covid is the same as all the other vaccines schools require. It’s a public health policy to stop a virus, nothing more

Tar Pit
    Tar Pit
    The COVID vaccine is experimental. The government can't force people to take a experimental drug.
    Reactions: J-Dog
    gettingbentwithbo
    gettingbentwithbo
    You can not push an experimental vaccine on our children. It is not FDA approved only EUA.

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
    Apr 6, 2010
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20' Tiara Pursuit
    Is C19 real? Yes.
    Is there a 99+% survival rate? Yes.
    Do I think it's over hyped? Yes.
    Do I know people that have had it? Yes - all the way from tested positive with no symptoms to having died.

My problem with it is the reporting of it. "follow the science" they say then we are told the word 'presumed' is used to report C19 deaths. Oxy moron.

There is a real # of those that have died from it but I don't think its what we are being told.

It's not FDA approved like the vaccines we got as kids. No long term studies, yet. Experimental under an emergency order. Sorry but I am not convinced especially when they tell us now you may need a booster every year. Get the vaccine and you still have to wear a mask & social distance (I hate that phrase) so how good is it? Doesn't prevent you from getting C19, it minimizes the severity. So does living a healthy life, get some exercise, eat well - at least moderately well, take some vitamins and lose some weight. Be healthier - Don't need to be a freak about it.

The boats are a private business and they have to right to refuse service to anyone, just like any store you walk into.

I'd be surprised if they do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts