Vacation to Lousiana

Discussion in 'Louisiana Fishing Reports' started by Mo Betta, Dec 31, 2011.

1. paid2surf

paid2surf Newbie

Name:
    Omar
    Boat:
    none
    Forgot... one more picture... crawfish in the back:

Attached Files:

2. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    Fucken A that looks good. Problem is that when your in
    Southern California and you always dream of Tuna, you really have a hard time thinking about bottom fish. Wahoo, Blackfin Tuna, yellowfin, etc.

3. meaux fishing

meaux fishing Newbie

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    ______
    Summer time is prime time fishing here in Louisiana both inshore and offshore. If you are after big tuna summer is the wrong time of year. The biggest tuna 100lb+ are caught in the late fall to early spring but the smaller yft are out there in the summer. Other fish out there are Dorado, tripletail, snapper (red,lane,mangrove), grouper, AJs, wahoo and the list goes on. If you are coming on a multiday vacation I wouldnt suggest Venice unless you only want to fish because there is nothing else to do there. I would suggest Grand Isle or Houma/Cocodrie area. If you do go to Venice I have fished with Peace Marvel and Josh Howard both are excellent captains, I've never fished with Capt Eddie but he is friends with a good friend of mine and I have heard good things about him. As far as the inshore stuff Speckled trout are in the bays and nearshore rigs as are redfish, sheephead, drum, flounder. And the trip is worth it just for the food trust me. If you have any questions of where to stay, captains, or anything else feel free to PM me