Utah vs ASU

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BiggestT, Nov 11, 2016.

1. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Utah got 5 starters back from injury for this game, including projected 1st round draft pick Marcus Williams at Free Safety (1 INT). After an extremely sloppy first quarter by Utah which left them down 13-0, they exploded and outscored the Sporks 49-13. They looked good, recharged and healthy. Next up Oregon at home, then Colorado on the road. Win out and they likely face UW for the PAC 12 Championship. This is a different team with the returned starters.

No faster running back in the nation than Joe Williams. When he gets daylight, he gone.

Raelon Singleton is a WR from Texas. First year starting. 3 TDs last night. Big kid and Runs like a gazelle.

Knotty, we're coming for you!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    ASU seems like a punching bag this year.

3. Carl

Carl Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    everyone elses
    We watched two different games through 3.5 quarters.

It was tight and ASU had momentum and a chance to pull ahead well into the 4th when they drew 2 phantom pass interference calls that sustained UTahs drive.

Granted Utah drew 2 ticky tac at best holding calls shortly thereafter. Very poorly officiated going both ways, to be fair.

Every time ASU tried to pass downfield, it was a sack. Every time ASU threw a screen it went for Big yards. I was surprised they didnt continue running screens more frequently. Utah was just pinning their ears back and were in the backfield unabated.

In the end the more talented and better coached Utes got it done. IMO from watching it the win was less convincing than the final score indicated.

That poor ASU qb was a mess at the end.

4. NGSD1

NGSD1 Dreamer

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    35 Cabo Express
    ASU has a weak defense. They have been lucky to win the games they have only due a decent offense. It was just too much in the end to keep it going but they kept it closer than I thought they would up to that point.

5. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    ASU is bad this year. They have the worst pass defense in the FBS, but they also had the top ranked run defense in the PAC 12. Some of that is due to the fact that they played Cal and WSU, both of whom are pass happy air raid offenses.

Utah attacked that ASU secondary, but they also ran against them. Happy with the balance.

Not happy with the missed tackles and big gains given up on busted or trick plays. We knew the LBs would be a weak spot in the D and that continues to show up. Not happy with the continued accuracy problems of Troy Williams. He was particularly bad in the first half.

PAC 12 officiating sucks. I think I know which phantom PI you're thinking of as the color guy was calling it weak, but the defender had a full grip on the receiver's arm, reducing him to a one handed attempt. I thought it was a legit call.

Hunter Dimick with 5 sacks was a beast. 11 total sacks. Can't imagine what that total would be if we had Kylie Fitts in there.

Yes ASU is a punching bag, but you never take any road game for granted. Wins on the road are tough in the PAC 12.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  6. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

I'm sure you know what we did again today. You sure about that:hali_ruahahaha:?

7. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Honestly I don't. Who were you playing?

Just checked and tOSU did a RUTS on Maryland. The same Maryland that UW gets demerit points for their weak OOC schedule. Buckeye pride on full display here.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  8. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10

You are slipping T. Don't believe Washi boys played Maryland. Had they played them,it would have been one of the better teams on their schedule thus far. The Utes is their only quality win and it's questionable if they get another tonite.

You are correct on the Buckeye pride. Back to back 59 point victories certainly does'nt do anything to diminish it either

. image.png

9. Carl

Carl Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    everyone elses
    With Michigan losing Id wager your boys are back in the top 4

10. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    UW played Rutgers. Maryland is pathetic and you get all excited over RUTS on them, equally pathetic. Just remember as a two loss team it will be tough to make the CFP. Your tOSU still needs to beat Meatchicken.