Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
  • Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    Homer l, AK 28’ Koffler aluminum 28’ San Diego, CA 22’ Whalers CC
    Anyone tried sinking a jumbo squid and if so any luck?

Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
    Jul 3, 2004
    BD Outdoors
    Name
    John
    Boat
    None
    W
    woodfish330
    .....Sorry.... I thought you said "giant squid".... 3" - 5" ...? Not working on the KITE for sure. Feed the mackerel in the bait tank. Save for calicos. Unless your talking the tuna stomach content size?
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Billy L

• Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    The one time I brought the jumbo squid we didn't make it to the grounds due to weather. Hopefully we get some good insight!
    Going Sunday night 2 day on the Endeavor. Plan on bringing a couple. Hope to make good use of them

• Love
    Reactions: woodfish330
    W
    woodfish330
    If you dont fish them during your kite rotation..... set yourself up a "Deep Drop" Swordie outfit.... with the second one. I Guarantee.... ITS GONNA GET INTERESTING. NIGHT DROP TANNNER BANK. Click "on" ... double "rail strapped" .... down at the "thermocline" . Have it down.... BUT DON'T WALK FAR. Good Luck.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
    Jul 3, 2004
    BD Outdoors
    Name
    John
    Boat
    None
    Going Sunday night 2 day on the Endeavor. Plan on bringing a couple. Hope to make good use of them
    Good luck !!! Bring some heavy knife jigs 300-500 grams for night fishing ! We did pretty good from 12 am to 5 am on large model bf on our trip. We had 30 from 120-180 and 3 over 200 all on knife jigs at night …

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    The one time I brought the jumbo squid we didn't make it to the grounds due to weather. Hopefully we get some good insight!
    Did you make calamari out of lemonade?

Upvote 0

Billy L

• Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    Good luck !!! Bring some heavy knife jigs 300-500 grams for night fishing ! We did pretty good from 12 am to 5 am on large model bf on our trip. We had 30 from 120-180 and 3 over 200 all on knife jigs at night …
    Awesome. What size line were you using for night fishing?

Upvote 0