Useful Modifications

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by Fishingguy, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    I would also like to know what parker this fish hold was done on and maybe a better picture if possible

2. The Right Kind

The Right Kind Slave

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
    It was a 1997 2520 DV with an I/O diesel. The dealer, Blue Porpise Marine, did it. They didn't do such a great job so I redid it, gelcoat, ran a 3" pvc as a chase for the fuel lines, controls and bait tank hoses, removed the SS ledger and glassed in a lip made of balsa core fiberglass. I called Parker and asked for a schematic of the stringers and bulkheads and made another hatch just like it just inside the door.
    For some reason the picture I have are all really small.
    !cid_86CF7389DF0743C5A4B5994379CD955A@OwnerVAIO.png !cid_42E4C330BC1F44D6BB75CB95A5C47BCD@OwnerVAIO.png
    These are pictures of my buddies 2520 that came from the factory with a fish hold.
    His was older than mine.
    !cid_995187A5D9E047F69F417ED0AE0FA50B@OwnerVAIO.png !cid_A3E292A27E7D45AB8988034E12DF3F91@OwnerVAIO.png

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  3. Guy Schneider

Guy Schneider Tail Whip

Name:
    Tail Whip
    Boat:
    2007 Parker 2320
    Love the cooler mounted in the cab. Trying to decide if i should do mine in cab or on the roof. Have the RTIC 145.

Would be courious to know how it rides? With 150lbs of ice, and two passengers, thats 550 extra lbs on one side of the boat?? Logic says its going to weight the port side of the boat.

I think my preference would be to put it down in the cab but dont want to listing port side when running.

LMK?

4. knot keely

knot keely Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    None (yet)
    That’s why God invented trim tabs.

5. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    Yea this is a serious concern though. I’m curious about this as well guy Schneider. Other dude doesn’t realize what’s going on. Drive a Parker a few times and you will realize the problem with that. I know billy has the larger tabs but how bout without the bigger tabs?

6. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    I had the Yeti 160 on the 2007 Parker 2320 just like Billy and never had problem. The Yeti 160 weights around 60 pounds, it fits 12 bags of ice to the top(80 pounds) and takes up about 2/3 of the volume and the other 1/3 I use it for drinks and food. I will do the same on my new Parker because space management is a big deal on the 2320 but might move two batteries sitting on the deck behind the captain seat.

RideMX4life21 likes this.
  7. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    You never had a problem leveling out the boat and maintaining a smooth ride with 2 guys and an ice chest port and you on the starboard? I have a hard time sometimes without the ice chest port. Of course I don’t have a 4 blade, permatrim, or upgraded tabs yet... got a permatrim on the way now though gonna see what it does

8. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    Also the trailer is doing great used it today. Thanks for that man

vipertom1970 likes this.
  9. vipertom1970

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Never had problem leveling out the boat but the three guys I fish with weight no more then 140# each and usually had one on the bench, one on the bean bag one sitting the deck and one sitting on the deck by the door. My old Parker 2320 with f250 was already ass heavy with three batteries so getting on plane more of a problem until I added PT and 4 blade prop.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Craig PW likes this.
  10. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 SC....Omega lll
    Hi All
    Want to share a few mods I made on my new 2320..We cut a hole in the cabin floor (sorry no pics ) and mounted two house batteries up front..I want more access to thru hull valves and sea strainer and saw in other boats that with three batteries wasn't going to work for me...Kevin and I worked out the details.
    Mounted an Engle 123 qt cooler up top mounted on Tony G custom mounts; Also got tired of anchor rode stacking up and jamming the windless on my old 2120 with the factory mounting location so we mounted the new windless on top of the anchor locker which is over the deepest part of locker ( David Lawson and crew know how to do this)..Also raised bow rail to 32"...much more comfortable up there; Moved bench seat as far to midships as possible ( about 3" ) to increase behind seat storage...Built supports for 2 removable starboard shelves to hold plano tackle boxes and rod storage below..Works great; I made the fish cleaning station and bolted to fishbox lid; Made a jig rack that mounts to lower part of window frame...jigs hang behind backrest.. ( put anti-chafe material on inside of backrest);
    Tony G fabed a kicker mounting bracket for my Yami 9.9..I like having a second motor and it's great for ball-bouncing for hali; Moved porta pottie to one side which freed up more storage beside toilet.
    Downrigger gets bait to the fish when marked deep;
    Billy K..Check your e mail...I have a couple of questions regarding helium systems.

IMG_4584.jpg IMG_4628.JPG IMG_4629.JPG IMG_4866.jpg IMG_4868.jpg IMG_4876.JPG IMG_4949.jpg IMG_5048.JPG

Craig PW likes this.
  11. Craig PW

Craig PW Always Learning

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    2017 Parker 2320
    Great and unique mods. You could even start your own thread with all the content and mods you made. That rod storage attached to your belly hoop is legit.

12. Craig PW

Craig PW Always Learning

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    2017 Parker 2320
    Did you put a new prop on your new 2320 as well? Which one?

13. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Thanks Craig
    FYI...I also installed larger trim tabs...Kevin Kelly set it up for me...9.9 Yami added about 120# to stern...with new tabs and two batteries forward she runs bow down...I did install a Permatrim on my 2120 w/ 200 Yami...that made a big difference...
    If I find that guys w 2320s are getting good results w Permatrim then will probably add one.

14. vipertom1970

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    not yet, my boat only has 20 hrs and I am still trying to get a feel for the stock prop before going with 4 blade but will add Permatrim soon before next rip. So far the stock prop with the 300HP is really good and moved two batteries into the pilot house really help to get on plane very easily.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  15. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Craig
    Please post your results w PT when fully loaded...Interested in hearing how you like it.
    I installed the PT on my 2120 w 200 Yami...No issues with damage to cav plate but be sure to place holes well inside the edge of plate..there is a sweet spot..
    My guess is you will not need to change props

16. baaadlybent

baaadlybent Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
    I put a new Suzuki 300 on my Striper. I haven't use Permatrim before but have used other brands on my outboards. But I always get different opinions about the value of them. And the whole discussion of "if they worked manufacturers would modify their lower units". So is the consensus that Permatrims are effective and worth it whereas the other manufacturers don't really make a difference or is this unique to the 2320? My trim tabs are effective. But if the Permatrim adds more lift or mileage then that's always a good thing. The other concern I have is that big piece of sharp aluminum sticking out the back of my boat and cutting lines. Thanks.

17. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Doug
    After doing a lot of research the only way to go is the Permatrim undermount model..That model puts upward pressure on the entire cave plate while with top mounts the stress is at that part of the cave plate where the bolts are..FWIW

18. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    I would not be concerned about the possible line cutting...a smart fish has lots of places to cut you off

19. Rivertrip

Rivertrip Member

Name:
    Dozer
    Boat:
    Brodozer60
    FWIW, I installed a permatrim on my 18' Center Console with a Yamaha F115 four stroke.
    OMG, Huuuuge difference getting outta the hole and in overall performance. Probably dollar for dollar the best mod I've ever done...

vipertom1970 likes this.
  20. vipertom1970

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Had one on my last Parker 2320 and I will install one on a brand new Parker 2320 tomorrow.