us-mexico pacific ocean border coordinates

figbeetle

Feb 22, 2013
san diego/CA/USA
Name
mitch
Boat
180 Sunbird
Can anyone give me coordinates to the US mexico border over the ocean near San Diego out maybe 20 miles offshore. My Lowrance chartplotter does not have the border marked. I don't think it's a straight line so if it angles I would need the coordinates for each kink in the border. Going out to the nine mile bank area and not sure which part is in Mexico. Thanks

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Go to any tackle store and buy a fucking map.

Reactions: Fattony
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Look it up on Google maps or something. It's not hard.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

figbeetle

Feb 22, 2013
san diego/CA/USA
Name
mitch
Boat
180 Sunbird
Thanks for all the "useful" help. I swear I will never post any more reports on this forum. I have consistently received bitter and caustic reports when posting here. Google maps does not show the ocean border, "its not hard" if you actually checked. If I had a hard copy map why would I post? Even if I had a hard copy map I would still want the border visible on my chartplotter.

Reactions: Jaysons999
Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
You can't be sensitive around here, and you have to admit, it was sort of a stupid question. If you aren't equipped to know where the border is, or even how to find out, you probably should stay in the bay.

That said, I am sure if you complain to the moderators that your feelings got hurt, the thread would be closed, at least if you are an advertiser.

Upvote 0

OCEAN theRAPIST

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 9, 2012
san diego/kali/us
Name
randy
Boat
ocean therapist
from the mex border on land make a straight line to 32'37.47,N 117'49.48'W

that point is where the border changes angles and heads south to 31'07.53' N
118'36.37 W

thats about as close of a border as you can get. my numbers are from temp break using there cursor.

its not hard to find but i did the same thing 2 years ago and posted here bad idea. if you dont have info on where the yellowtail are eating everything you throw at them or giant bluefin then your just wasting our time.

when you find a wide open bite get on your phone well you got a fish on and post a full up to date report on the water with numbers and have my sandwhich ready when i get there. then you might get a like on here

Upvote 0

doug wille

_BigWille
Aug 20, 2017
Santa Monica
Name
doug
Boat
freedom boat club; light load open party where the fish are
In google maps, search for san diego fishing spots map and save it as one of your places. It has the coordinates for the corner as well as dropped pins for every fishing spot in Southern California and Mexico
https://goo.gl/maps/RbLzCb2PoFz

Upvote 0

pura vida

Pura Vida II
Jan 29, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Gene Miller
Boat
Pura Vida II, 500 mile range
The easiest way is to have a gps and the border is noted.

Sorry about the ignorant ones that responded.

Upvote 0

yuma 97

May 10, 2012
33.51 117.10
Name
Tom
Boat
Parker 2320
Use the NOAA ENC VIEWER. Zoom in with the +/- and read the lat/long in the lower left corner. You can't plot, but posits can be obtained.

Upvote 0