Urgent Message!

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by Damon S., Aug 11, 2013.

1. Damon S.

Damon S. Newbie

Name:
    Damon
    Boat:
    26' Shamrock
    I talked to another person who witnessed the event. It was a newer looking boat that had an angled transom and the hull appeared to have a light yellow color to it. It definitely had twin outboards and two thinner blue pinstripes.

The guy was white with dark hair and the girl was blond with hair in a pony tail. She had on a grey sweatshirt and he had a dark shirt with a hoodie or hat.

The damage to their Trophy should be in the bow area.

2. Reel hip

Reel hip Meet my "Well known Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Also keep in mind they may put the boat on the trailer in another ramp ! So keep your eyes open at all ramps!

3. Billy V

Billy V Seabass Commando

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
  4. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    I'm hoping you filed a report? New body style trophy? What's the smallest with twins? 21 foot and 90s?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  5. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    I went and scoured 4 ramps in the area this happened.... (South Shores, MB Info center, Dana Landing & Ski Beach)..... Lots & Lots of boats on the water today, and tons of trailers in the lots.

My thinking was that whoever did this was probably in high stress/panic mode right after it happened, and figured it would be reported to the authorities right away, so in their mind they probably decided to tuck into some nook or corner of the bay somewhere or even in a vacant slip, and then when things calm down a bit, they will then come and put the boat quickly back on the trailer (if it was trailered) and park it out of sight..... they may even try this when the majority of other boaters are pulling their boats out for the day, to try and blend in with the crowd.

The best time to catch these fools was/is now, while it still has a decent likelyhood of still being on the water, the more time that goes by, the less chance of finding these knuckleheads...... but that takes someone watching all ramps in MB..... and thats pretty tough to do.

The info about the duel outboards and euro transom with a possible light yellow color is good stuff..... keep the info coming!

The unknown fisherman:p:

6. tlcnate

tlcnate Member

Name:
    Nate
    Boat:
    Bayliner 22' Open Bow
    Kind of makes you wish we could bring back Keel Hauling

7. Darylfw

Darylfw Member

Name:
    Daryl
    Boat:
    29' Pro-line, The Four D's
    Some one should put a call out on channel 72 so boats coming in can be on the lookout.

8. MT1

MT1 Newbie

Name:
    Barnacle Bob
    Boat:
    Bell Boy
    The boat they were in was probably Hot! If she was that bad of driver she probably wasn't use to it... They may of just ditched it and off they go?

9. Damon S.

Damon S. Newbie

Name:
    Damon
    Boat:
    26' Shamrock
    Okay, the authorities recovered the boat!

It was reported stolen last Friday and was abandoned in Mission Bay sometime after the incident at our boat. My partner met the owner of the boat at the Dana launch ramp and verified that it was the boat. It had the damage at the bow as we expected.

Keep in mind that it was dark outside and my friend had just woken up from a deep sleep. It turned out to be a smaller single engine Trophy that was stolen from a slip.

10. huukup!

huukup! tight drag all day....

Name:
    M1BMF
    Boat:
    Does it float?
    i get pissed when i get a jig stolen!! a rod or reel??? its a 187

11. MT1

MT1 Newbie

Name:
    Barnacle Bob
    Boat:
    Bell Boy
    Hummm, the pink panther knows how these minds work! On a serious note Im glad your buddy and others involved are ok. Hoping the perpetrators aren't doing so well! Actually it would be sweet if they found a Bloody deck in the stolen boat and I dont mean with fish juice! Scum bags like that probably offed one of the outboards as well! Ass holes!

12. Damon S.

Damon S. Newbie

Name:
    Damon
    Boat:
    26' Shamrock
    You did call it right!

13. MT1

MT1 Newbie

Name:
    Barnacle Bob
    Boat:
    Bell Boy
    Yeah ya might want to keep an eye on craigslist for your shit. They are probably beach scum slithering around Mission beach pawn shops as we speak. Good luck

14. Damon S.

Damon S. Newbie

Name:
    Damon
    Boat:
    26' Shamrock
    He lost 3 rod and reel set ups that were not on the boat when it was recovered. There was a BB gun and knife at the helm. My friend could have gotten stabbed!! We believe it was a 187 with a large lettering "Trophy." It had a light blue hull.

15. 2strokepoke

2strokepoke nimrod

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
    fuck that, the cops getting a hold of them first is the easy way out!

16. yakergreg

yakergreg Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Crestliner Angler
    Too bad your buddy wasn't armed. He could have..... shot the motor?

17. Billy V

Billy V Seabass Commando

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
    Just 2 day ago someone dumped a stolen car near my house. The first thing the cop did was dust the door handle, steering wheel, and shifter knob for prints. This was a regular patrol cop in his black and white.

-I couldn't believe my eyes - the guy actually did his job. You almost never see them take prints, or give a flying fuck about anything. I hope you get the same attention to detail with your boat.
    -------------------------
    All of this aside….
    This guy must have been some kind of special dumb shit.
    For $80 bucks "Booger" will put you on some great yellowtail fishing.

-I would bet he'd let you ride for free if you told him you were about to crack up - and loose your fucking mind and needed to go fishing - or go on an armed robbery spree.

18. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
    So glad your state refuses to let honest, hard working citizens carry firearms to protect yourself....and your property that you worked your ass off for. SAd part is if he was armed, the bad guy could have sued in CA....

Hope you guys find the fuckers!

19. Damon S.

Damon S. Newbie

Name:
    Damon
    Boat:
    26' Shamrock
    The guy who found the abandoned boat took it upon himself the start and drive it. He contaminated the finger prints that the police could have obtained. They are going to review the home land security cameras mounted at the Dana to see if they can identify the individuals.

Apparently, these people stole a Boston Whaler and abandoned it for the Trophy.

20. Damon S.

Damon S. Newbie

Name:
    Damon
    Boat:
    26' Shamrock
    The Boston Whaler was stolen from San Clemente, abandoned at Harbor Island where the Trophy was stolen. Unfortunately, they made their way to our boat. Bad timing or what!