Rossm

Retired Maker of Stuff
Jul 27, 2005
Alpine, CA.
Name
Ross
Boat
25, Skipjack "Hideout"
Pretty interesting how 2 of the numbers just rang and rang, I think they don't want to hear from us!

Upvote 0

Bottom Finder

I'll find bottom yet!
May 19, 2009
Garden Grove
Name
Ed
Boat
Searay SRV240
First time poster here!
I faxed them all.

Yup. Walters and Blumenfield.... just ring and ring.
ooooo, it's after 5pm. I'll start emailing as well.

Upvote 0

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic (sold) Pursuit 2350 FreeSwimmer
Dear Assembly member ,

I support the Legislative Analyst’s recommendation to suspend $4.4 million in funding for the Marine Life Protection Act and to suspend the MLPA until California has the funds to do it right the first time. The MLPA Initiative in it's present form is a glaring example of Government at it's worst. What began as a well intentioned law designed to quantify and integrate the existing Marine Reserves in the state has been hijacked by private interest money and turned into a projected 50 million dollar a year boondoggle. According to the 2008-2009 Pacific Fisheries Management Council Status Report there is no crisis in California fisheries. The mantra of 'act now or lose it' does not apply to California fisheries. Dan Wolford of the PFMC testified in front of the Blue Ribbon Task Force on 6/04/09 that MPA's (Marine Protected Areas) would have little effect on rebuilding fish stocks. The MLPA is in fact a duplication of proven single species management and the ongoing Marine Life Management Act. The State simply cannot afford this expense with so little appreciable benefits. Please vote to stop this runaway train and direct the funds where the citizens of the State so desperately need them like Health Care and Education and our State Parks which are under the threat of closing. Not only can we not afford the annual costs of monitoring and enforcement of the MLPA in it's present form, we cannot afford the economic hardship that would befall the coastal communities that would be impacted. Please stop the funding for this ill conceived MLPA process.

sincerely,

Upvote 0

Fish Wish

Almost A Member
Apr 27, 2008
Burbank, CA, USA
Name
Ken
Boat
20' Skippy
I called the Sacramento office of Assembly Member Evans and asked the operator to pass along my concerns and request to suspend the legislation. I then called the offices of Assembly Member de Leon and talked to the same person. I asked her if she could just pass along my opinion and request to all members of the budget committee? She said that she can and will. I thanked her very much for helping us with this.

I am an educator and we had a meeting today wherein we were informed that funding per campus in our district could be cut by 50%. We were also told that programs such as CalWorks (retraining for the unemployed) and DSPS (training for the handicapped) may be curtailed altogether. Summer schools have already been eliminated, placing great strains on students and their families.

We know that one way out of our current depression is through education. Please contact all these state representatives, including the one's in your districts, NOW; in all ways possible (phone, fax, smoke signals, whatever). This MLPA is just insane and must be stopped by all legal means possible.

Upvote 0

heresrobert

May 5, 2007
Hawthorne, Ca
Name
Robert S
Boat
I wish!
I emailed all of them and I faxed the ones representing my area. I got some auto replies, too. Now I'm back to the plumbing tasks before my girlfriend get's home. YIKES.

Robert

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Me and Bada Bling are still trying to get through....Been trying for a couple hours now...

Upvote 0

yft1979

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 7, 2004
    Murrieta
    Name
    Garrett
    Boat
    -
    Will try from my work manana!

Upvote 0

Laukia

boss
    Nov 30, 2004
    Carpinteria
    Name
    Dave R
    Boat
    28' Carolina Classic (sold) Pursuit 2350 FreeSwimmer
    "Me and Bada Bling are still trying to get through....Been trying for a couple hours now... "

If you can't get through do a Google search and go to their website. Fax to their home number rather than the Sacramento office. Worked for me on the ones that didn't answer or were busy.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    "Me and Bada Bling are still trying to get through....Been trying for a couple hours now... "

If you can't get through do a Google search and go to their website. Fax to their home number rather than the Sacramento office. Worked for me on the ones that didn't answer or were busy.

Aight!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    OOPs re send..

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat
    Got it done.. Faxes run out of paper so I did the email thing too with my own personal letter so I don't look like a bandwagoner....

It cannot hurt to say it your own way too.

Upvote 0

cowcatcher2

AKA linglover
    Jan 10, 2006
    SFV
    www.cafisheriescoalition.org
    Name
    Joel Greenberg
    Boat
    CPFVs & OPBs
    If you want to watch the action, the Budget Conference Committee hearing is scheduled today for 9:30 AM and will be available at The California Channel.

Might as well check it out to see what happens after all that faxing. If you can't be at a computer this morning, the same website archives these things for later viewing.

-Joel

Last edited:
    Upvote 0