DaKanati

Captain
Mar 17, 2009
belfair,washington
Name
Josh
Boat
272 Sailfish "ManCave"
Hey on my boat its butt landing as in big ass halibut! Ill leave the scratching and sniffing to old goats! Anyways, Ill have to try the weight trick, I thought I put it on pretty tight but obviously not tight enough. what pound test are you guys using?

Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
Hey on my boat its butt landing as in big ass halibut! Ill leave the scratching and sniffing to old goats! Anyways, Ill have to try the weight trick, I thought I put it on pretty tight but obviously not tight enough. what pound test are you guys using?
40 on salmon rods, 50 on tuna, 80 on halibut

Upvote 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
What happens on BD stays on BD!!!! A Narc/snitch is a bad person. Wife will find out on her own time. Don't be funny.

Do it unless your a kept man. You ain't one cause you work for uncle bill and get a paycheck every two weeks. Your the boss not a[emoji73]!

Snitches get stiches:rofl:

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    What booth/vendor has them on sale??? Going to the show Saturday and might have to have another one follow me home...
    Outdoor Emporium! In the North Hall entrance

Upvote 0

Cap'n Coldeye

Salt Shaker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Kent/Wa/US
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat
    Shamrock 220 "Loco Gringo"
    Not trying to hijack the thread but how is everyone spooling them. Last year I wasn't happy with power pro and a top shot ,the power pro ended up digging into the spool and binding up. Broke off a few before retiring that particular setup.

Might not be the very best option, but it was cheap and we never had issues.

Randy your going to like the Avets.
    Cheers
    20150420_193053.jpg
    20150420_193241.jpg

Reactions: rk52 and Swede
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Had to read your title slower. Thought one one the Ns was an I. Whew!

I don't know what model which Avets are, but getting small one. So much nicer with a crazy light rod and reel.

Upvote 0

Uncle Binky

Proficient at swapping lower units
    Oct 17, 2010
    Monroe WA USA
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Herring Voices - Grady White 265 Express
    Used 112s in nice condition are not common. I would not be in a rush to rid yourself of them. They are great boat reels. Are they US made?

Upvote 0

Fireball

Not so New
    Jun 23, 2010
    Lynnwood, WA. USA
    Name
    Bud
    Boat
    SOLD
    When I got 3 avets MXJ a year back I got 1 with the MC control. Made sense 2 live bait and 1 to throw iron. Well so far I have not had a chance to throw iron due to the live bait show. But it worked great when the other 2 were snapped off or fed to the sharks. Grab the one with the hooks and go. As far as a free spool I did not notice the control affecting it at all, but did not really have time for the bait to swim.

Good luck

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Surprised the Kalli boys have not called you out Larry1 for pictures. You might want to close the closet door.[emoji85]

Upvote 0