I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
Hello all. I posted something in the wrong spot, so I'm reposting it here:

Hey guys. Have any of you fished the gen II Fathom 25 N star? If so, what do you think? From what I can tell, the only downside is that it's a bit heavier than gen I . The upside seems to be better drag and some sort of easy system to remove the side plate (similar to a Tranx 500?).

Fincutter

Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
Based on the discussion on the other thread, the easy access isn't anything like the Tranx 500. Also, the other thread suggests that the new Fathom doesn't have the problem where the spool sometimes gets stuck.

russ1962

Live to Fish.....Fish to Live!
Oct 4, 2011
Whittier
Name
Russ
Boat
Someone Else's
Based on the discussion on the other thread, the easy access isn't anything like the Tranx 500. Also, the other thread suggests that the new Fathom doesn't have the problem where the spool sometimes gets stuck.
I've wondered about that too.
The eccentric pin was too short on the early models.
Not sure if it was ever an issue with the Torque models but hopefully it has been corrected.
I don't know anybody that's fished the Gen 2 models yet.

Reactions: Fincutter

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Lots of Gen2's out there; true that there is not a tremendous amount of difference from the Gen1's:
An additional 5 pounds of drag.
"Easy Access" sideplate.
Improved eccentric.
One more ball-bearing.
Choice of 6-1 or 4.8-1 gear ratio models.

Fincutter

Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
I like the idea of having a choice of 4.8 to one. My main applications would be 30-40# bait and on a jig stick, so power is more important to me than speed.