Accurate Fishing Reels

DavyJones

May 2, 2012
Southern Cal. USA
Name
Mike.
Boat
-------
Well, I had a new one still in the box and for a very good price in my hands but it turns out I couldn't use it. Sincere apologies to the person who offered it up.

As stated in my last post, I want to buy a BX-2 30n because the BX line of reels have the loudest click alarms I have ever heard and I need one for trolling so I can hear it over the engine and all the other noise when fishing on my own boat. But it turns out there is more to this story then I realized.

Now, I already have one of these reels but it is a very old model. Serial No. 00688 and it has a blue cast control knob on the left side plate. And in those early reels, when you pushed the click alarm button in to image it, inside the side plate a metal "finger" with a spring moved into contact with a metal star gear like the ones on the old Penn Jigmaster spools. This metal to metal contact produces a much louder alarm noise then do newer models with a metal "finger" and a plastic gear.

So if anyone has one of these very early models with the blue cast control knob on the left side plate lying around and would like to sell it, I would like to hear from you.

And to the people at Accurate, is it possible to take a newer model of your BX2 30n reels and re-fit it with a metal star gear???

And again sincere apologies to the person who offered their reel up.

DavyJones.

Reactions: abj5150

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
We don't use the old style metal dogs, rings and clicker covers any longer. That is all obsolete. I can do a clicker upgrade to what the current BX model reels have and that should be loud enough for your needs.

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
Advertiser
Sep 18, 2012
USA
Name
Al
Boat
Whatever I can get on
There is a new button with an insert to keep it engaged, the plastic dog and the plastic clicker ring. I would check the pins on the spool cover for wear and replace if necessary.

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
Well, I had a new one still in the box and for a very good price in my hands but it turns out I couldn't use it. Sincere apologies to the person who offered it up.

As stated in my last post, I want to buy a BX-2 30n because the BX line of reels have the loudest click alarms I have ever heard and I need one for trolling so I can hear it over the engine and all the other noise when fishing on my own boat. But it turns out there is more to this story then I realized.

Now, I already have one of these reels but it is a very old model. Serial No. 00688 and it has a blue cast control knob on the left side plate. And in those early reels, when you pushed the click alarm button in to image it, inside the side plate a metal "finger" with a spring moved into contact with a metal star gear like the ones on the old Penn Jigmaster spools. This metal to metal contact produces a much louder alarm noise then do newer models with a metal "finger" and a plastic gear.

So if anyone has one of these very early models with the blue cast control knob on the left side plate lying around and would like to sell it, I would like to hear from you.

And to the people at Accurate, is it possible to take a newer model of your BX2 30n reels and re-fit it with a metal star gear???

And again sincere apologies to the person who offered their reel up.

DavyJones.
I have a Boss Extreme EX2 30N in GREEN that I just had serviced and upgraded at Accurate last month and am willing to part with? Serial #00672 -EX2 30 Narrow has been SOLD

Also have a EX2 600 N in GREEN as well Serial#02002

Thanks, Snordo

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited: