Advertiser
Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
bobsandsfishingtackle.com
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
PROVEN WAHOO KILLER SURFACE IRON BACK IN STOCK.... We sold out almost immediately from our last order.. Thank Goodness we received our latest order. Everything is now back on the racks. The Jri 2's, battle tested for several years, are ringed with the standard Siwash J Hook. THE NEWEST Wahoo Special JRI 4 come with the Owner Stinger J hooks, ringed and welded, with incredibly vibrant colors and finishes.. Certainly worth the extra cost for these more expensive hooks. Wahoo just can't say no to these Skinny Desserts.. All of These Irons are super easy to use... Cast out and slow retrieve to allow for the biggest kick the jigs can have... Don't be the one's watching as folks who know how effective these jigs are put on a surface show. So much fun as you watch those Skinnys chase and blow up on these jigs. By the way, Tuna and Yellowtail eat them too. STAY TUNED FOR OUR JRI JIG SHOW SPECIALS... YOU WILL WANT TO STOCK UP BEFORE THEY SELL OUT AGAIN. Check these babies out.

fullsizeoutput_17fe.jpeg

Good evening all,

A few days ago we received our Latest order of the NEWEST MEMBER OF THE JRI FAMILY of Jigs... These new versions of the JRI 4 with OWNER Uber sharp hooks are off the chain beautiful and ready to slay the Wahoo. We do have a LIMITED SUPPLY of these two colors with 2 more colors on the way...

Like all the Wahoo surface Iron I have used over many years I retrieve these jigs slowly.. Just fast enough to get their best swim pattern and largest kick.. My opinion is that ripping fast these jigs like a bomb for Wahoo does notyield the results that I get on the slower retrieve..I find the best results for Wahoo Surface iron are on flatter water and calmer days.

These JRI beauties are proven Wahoo Slayers so come on in to Bob Sands Tackle and be amongst the first non inside jig testers to fish them.
. PAIR THEM UP WITH THE SOMEWHAT SMALLER JRI 2 WITH STANDARD SIWASH SURFACE IRON TO COMPLETE YOUR ARSENAL..

THIS SEASON CONTINUES TO BE A GREAT WAHOO YEAR. IF YOU ARE GOING OUT SOON, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE IN YOUR TACKLE BOX..

THE VISUALS OF SEEING WAHOO EXPLODE ON SURFACE IRON IS WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION.. AND, I FIND I LOSE FEWER SURFACE IRON THAT ANY OTHER METHODS OF FISHING THOSE RASCALLY SKINS...

HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE SHOP SOON. HAVE A GREAT SEASON.

JAMIE

Last edited:

jbarbosa

Oct 24, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
Name
John "Rio" Barbosa
Boat
cabo panga
The only “wahoo candy” from JRI that interests me, is the “mirage” of a replica Hooker Intruder..........aaahhh
......someday.......

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
Advertiser
Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
bobsandsfishingtackle.com
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
First Post edited for the latest Bob Sands Stock of Wahoo colors. Stay tuned for our JRI Jig Show specials.. Have a great season.

Jamie

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
Sweet they look epic.

Are the irons with the eyes. Inspired and modified A2Z jigs reincarnated. A long range captain gave me a original A2Z and said its the wahoo surface iron to use, had a stock treble. I can't find it bummed. Glad to see they have been brought back. Well I'm sure there are slight changes and hook changes which would make it swim different :D so not really the same I guess. But similiar.

Reactions: Bob Sands

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
These are bitchen. I too like to try the surface iron for wahoo. Usually late in a jig stop or on the anchor it's really challenging. Wind those JRI's Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowww!

Reactions: Shon and Bob Sands

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
I throwing Raiders and Sea Strike 33's for Wahoo. I use a couple of Avet HXJ's with a Calstar 700XH and a Calstar BT6465H and when I get a hook up it's wind wind wind with no pumping of the rod.
So my question is what rod and reel combos do you use for surface iron and what is technique does one use to get the fish to the boat?

Montaukmaniac

Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
I use a couple of Avet HXJ's with a Calstar 700XH and a Calstar BT6465H and when I get a hook up it's wind wind wind with no pumping of the rod.
Casting Raders, JRI 4's or JRI Hooacide Bombs I gear up with couple of Avet Raptor JX 6/3's with a Calstar 800XH and a Pheonix PHD 809 XH. TA clip for quick change, Double Fluro to surgens loop to spectra and also strongly agree "when hooked up it's wind, wind, wind only".
Tight lines Lou!

Reactions: Bob Sands