plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Be prepared for more when some of that paint comes off.

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
all for the passion of owning a legendary Ditmar! if they can resurrect the Commander (RIP), this is definitely a work of love!

...good luck with the love! it'll be something to admire when she's done!

Last edited:

Cantcatchfish

Oct 6, 2017
Rancho Penasquitos
Name
Kevin Cheeseman
Boat
22’ Seaway
I was going to work above the waterline. The work on the white exterior of the hull. After thinking about the potential of a fine if I were to do that in the marina slip. I decided to have them do it all. And I do trust the shipyard to do a quality job. They have been around for over 40 years.
If still have to do the fly bridge cabin and deck. The flybridge is solid. Deck will take a little bit of work.

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
That profile..... brings back many memories. Most beautiful when completed. ... but like you said. .. costly. My favorite post.... "when does it ever cost what we thought"?... °lol.

Cantcatchfish

Oct 6, 2017
Rancho Penasquitos
Name
Kevin Cheeseman
Boat
22’ Seaway
The boat has not been maintained for 5 years. I’m kinda lucky I didn’t get a price of $70k to fix. I would have had to sign over the bill of sale.

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat
Whoever is Hot that week
I do it all the time! I’ll be there in a couple weeks. Originally from Riverside. I still fish the SD fleet regularly.

You gonna make it a charter operation at some
point?

Cantcatchfish

Oct 6, 2017
Rancho Penasquitos
Name
Kevin Cheeseman
Boat
22’ Seaway
I do it all the time! I’ll be there in a couple weeks. Originally from Riverside. I still fish the SD fleet regularly.

You gonna make it a charter operation at some
point?
Passed all my test for OUPV. Goal was for first charter 11/1. I won’t make that. I’d be happy with 1/1. Been doing carpentry for 25 years. Been working towards charters for the last 2...

SD Fish Guy

-Patrick the aquarium pro
Apr 28, 2012
Oceanside, Ca
Name
Patrick
Boat
Triumph 17' CC, Seapro 190wa
I was looking at buying this boat 5 or 6 years ago from Capt Ping. Was going to be quite a project, glad to see someone is taking it on!

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Yes. I brought in May. Brought from Long Beach in November. Was in San Diego until 2015 used for swordfish and charters. Coast Guard documented. I have the bill of sales dating back to 1978
I was looking at buying this boat 5 or 6 years ago from Capt Ping. Was going to be quite a project, glad to see someone is taking it on!
I was looking to buy this boat earlier this year. Took a look and a walk around. Honestly I'd love to own and operate a sweet boat like that for these local big fish we got. But life diverted in another direction

Cantcatchfish

Oct 6, 2017
Rancho Penasquitos
Name
Kevin Cheeseman
Boat
22’ Seaway
They had me come up to look at the large crack infront of the transducer. To figure out how to fix it and how much extra it would be. You can still see the original cotton. And that is how they guy puts it back together. I wanted it finished Oct 1 for Lobster opener. They tell me the tenth. I told them they need to hire me for 2 weeks and speed up the process.

Reactions: Mtnfshr