Fin.Adx

Sushi Hunter
Jan 31, 2017
San Diego
Name
Sushi Hunter
Boat
Sushi Hunter
I’ll be heading to Jalama this weekend. Haven’t been there in a few years and wanted to ask what the current conditions are like right now for anybody that’s visited recently. I usually fish down the south side and walk along to Tarantula pt, anybody have any luck down that way, or experienced the north side? Also, any places to stop by north or south of Jalama? Really just looking to get on some fish, are stripers a possibility? Thanks.

Garrison

Garrison
May 21, 2008
Temecula
Name
Garrison
Boat
Mikelson 43’
I’ll be heading to Jalama this weekend. Haven’t been there in a few years and wanted to ask what the current conditions are like right now for anybody that’s visited recently. I usually fish down the south side and walk along to Tarantula pt, anybody have any luck down that way, or experienced the north side? Also, any places to stop by north or south of Jalama? Really just looking to get on some fish, are stripers a possibility? Thanks.
One of my favorite spots, been going since I was a baby.

Spring can be terribly windy, I usually make a back up plan if it gets blown out. A few days of getting sand blasted can make you wish you had headed somewhere else.

If you catch a good weather window I can’t think of anywhere that I would rather be with my dog, a beer, and a long rod with some sand crabs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fin.Adx

Sushi Hunter
Jan 31, 2017
San Diego
Name
Sushi Hunter
Boat
Sushi Hunter
One of my favorite spots, been going since I was a baby.

Spring can be terribly windy, I usually make a back up plan if it gets blown out. A few days of getting sand blasted can make you wish you had headed somewhere else.

If you catch a good weather window I can’t think of anywhere that I would rather be with my dog, a beer, and a long rod with some sand crabs.
Same here, I've been going there since I was 7, just haven't been there in the past few years. I remember consistently pulling slabs as a kid. Not in recent years though (that I've visited). I agree the wind can make time there miserable but rolling with the punches for this weekend trip, all in all my wife, my two dogs, and a beer there won't be too bad...and the burgers. Thanks for your input, will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: Garrison
Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    My first surf trip there was around 1974 It was pumping so hard we could barely make it out. THANX op, Soooo many great memories with my high school buddies- Jalama burgers were the shit after a hard beating in the surf. The wife n I camped a couple days on our honeymoon road trip thirty or so years ago, A tru California gem!

Last edited: