Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
Royal Polaris - sold the boat
Someone post up photos of each room..

I highly encourage guys to shoot a photo of each room when the board the boat.. that way they can share with guys with questions like this.. I have done this for the Royal Polaris..

tight lines,

Jeff

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
I think it’s 7 and 9 that win the prize. If the stateroom map is correct, 4, 5, and 6 are pretty spacious, too. The two galley level rooms, as I recall have zero storage space? Stateroom map an some pics on the website.

Reactions: rodblder
Upvote 0

rodblder

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 19, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
none at this time
I think it’s 7 and 9 that win the prize. If the stateroom map is correct, 4, 5, and 6 are pretty spacious, too. The two galley level rooms, as I recall have zero storage space? Stateroom map an some pics on the website.
It is 7&9 that are the biggest and have a double bunk on the bottom, however 4&5 are small, I have 5 as a single on my 3 trips

Reactions: $norkle
Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
I guess he answer really depends upon what you are looking for in your stateroom. Different people prefer different things. You want to be in the bow or the stern, you want to be close to the head, etc. But as mentioned, the two galley level staterooms on the Intrepid are normally considered the least desirable; size, storage and noise considerations!

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    Any one I find myself lucky enough to have been able to get the time off from work and spare the money to fund my habit and wind up in. My only request is to get a room where the bunks run bow to stern.

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    The advantage of being in one of the forward rooms is there are less people sharing the shower....there is one shower forward and one shower aft. My favorite rooms are 9, 7 and 15 in that order.

staterooms 1 and 2 have under bunk storage and two drawers.......no sink but they are one step away from the two galley level bathrooms and showers.

I have taken a single up stairs I like not having to negotiate the stairs even time I want to get some thing from my room....five steps and you are on the deck.

Reactions: Olddog8
    Upvote 0

ldoret94

Mar 31, 2017
    Riverside, CA
    Name
    Peter Young
    Boat
    none
    doesn't matter youll never get primo rooms all the long time riders of the boat and trip get first dibbs just be happy to get on board and fishing..

Interesting...their website states, "Boarding order assignments and staterooms are issued upon receiving a 50% deposit." So I shouldn't place any credibility in that. A long term rider can and will bump me if they want the stateroom I get assigned?

Upvote 0

Adrien Baker

Born to get down.
  • May 18, 2016
    Taft
    www.pbnation.com
    Name
    Adrien Baker
    Boat
    Ultra
    Interesting...their website states, "Boarding order assignments and staterooms are issued upon receiving a 50% deposit." So I shouldn't place any credibility in that. A long term rider can and will bump me if they want the stateroom I get assigned?

I think what they mean is that a lot of the long term guys repeat the same trips every year and placed a deposit for the next trip before the boat got back to the landing.

Adrien

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat
    none
    Actually, the boarding based on time of deposit but, if you’re on a charter, the chartermaster will likely set the room assignments

Upvote 0

rodblder

Feb 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Visit site
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    none at this time
    I'm #2 to board on my 3 trips, have been for over 10 yrs. I have 2 weeks after each trip returns to get my 50% deposit in to save my boarding # and stateroom #. New trip passengers that get a deposit in that 2 week period, will have seniority after regular passengers who sign up again within 2 weeks. If one chooses to put less than 50% deposit down, they have a spot on the trip but no guarantee what their stateroom or boarding # will be. On my trips, it's extremely rare for any of the 10-15 regulars to not return each year. Newbie 's have to work there way up the seniority list. I've never been on any trip the past 25 yrs on any of the LR boats where the chartermaster assigned rooms. Just lucky I guess

Upvote 0

Nuclieye

Almost A Member
    Aug 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Water Missle
    We reserve #6 within moments of leaving the boat for the next year. Great room with ample space for gear.

Upvote 0

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
    Jun 20, 2015
    San Fernando Valley
    Name
    Brad I
    Boat
    Nope
    Look at the layout on the website--some rooms are north/south and some are eest/west, which can be important for some people. #3 is reserved for the galley.

As Fishy noted, the forward rooms on the Intrepid have the advantage of having fewer people using the head, but also the Intrepid is a particularly smooth riding boat, so there is less bouncing up front than on a typical boat. I've been in #6 a couple of times; its a little snug, but not bad and there's something cozy about that room.

Reactions: Fishybuzz
    Upvote 0

fishdoggary

I do what I want Bitch!
    Aug 23, 2007
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    Intrepid
    The good thing about the staterooms on the Intrepid is the staterooms toward the stern have the bunks that face port to starboard except for stateroom 9.
    All of the forward stateroom bunks face bow to stern.
    I prefer room 12 as I like to sleep in a port to starboard bunk.
    I have stayed in several of the other staterooms and have no issues with any of them except staterooms 1 and 2 which are a little snug unless you are on a longer trip with only 24 passengers and they become single rooms.

Reactions: JWFogg
    Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    The good thing about the staterooms on the Intrepid is the staterooms toward the stern have the bunks that face port to starboard except for stateroom 9.
    All of the forward stateroom bunks face bow to stern.
    I prefer room 12 as I like to sleep in a port to starboard bunk.
    I have stayed in several of the other staterooms and have no issues with any of them except staterooms 1 and 2 which are a little snug unless you are on a longer trip with only 24 passengers and they become single rooms.

That is interesting as I prefer a bunk that is bow to stern... but either is fine with me as I sleep like a stone on the Intrepid...

Upvote 0

COSDoug

Nov 23, 2008
    Colorado Springs, CO.
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Hobie Kayak
    I've had both port to starboard and bow to stern bunks on the Intrepid. Never could tell much difference. But any way you slice it, waiting in the galley, shampoo in hand , waiting for a turn at the shower, semi disgruntled because dude's taking too much time sucks...I'd much prefer below decks.
    Your mileage, well, you know.............

Upvote 0